stihl ms 441 vs ms 460

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

climber96

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
im thinking about getting one which one should i get?? for those who have used both what are the ups and downs of each???

Don't know, but from what I've read here the 440 is the one to get.

I have a 440 and a 046. i run the 440 with a 20'' B/C and the 046 with a 24'' B/C. i cut primarily hardwoods. i like the 440 better for firewood and the 046 better for felling.

The 440 and 441 are totally different saws. The only thing they basically share is their place in the line-up displacement wise. The 460 gets the edge power-wise but it is not a crazy difference. You will be able to get a 441 or year to come but the 460's days are numbered apparently. I have and love a 460. Any 70cc saw is going to be heavy if you are hanging it from your saddle IMO. I would run them bothe and see which one feels the best in your hands. I really don't think you can go wrong with either.

For what it is worth, they both weigh the same and the MS460 has more power. I have a MS460 and it is awesome. But it comes down to what you prefer, a little more power or better AV's... You can't go wrong with either.

Just went through the same decision, bought the 460 and couldn't be happier with it's performance. Bought mine with a 25" run a 8 pin in hardwoods with no issue.

Moved from Walker's Saw Shop in Nanaimo to Open Langford Power Equipment Business

Hi
This is Don Walker. You may know me from my customized saws. I have left my family business after 25 years and am setting up shop at 1112 Goldstream. Come see me if you need your saw customized, repaired or if you need a new one. I specialize in Husqvarna but deal with all kinds. Call if you want 250 590 5855.

Back