Stihl MS-441CM or MS-461 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How can you say ST "likely" knows more than him about saws?? Nobody knows who knows the most about anything anybody knows w/o knowing what that somebody "likely" really knows! Know what I mean, or do you just know what ST "likely" knows, or thinks he knows w/o knowing who knows more than he does? I bet I "likely" know the answer!

Don't you guys ever get tired of it? Jesus

Your problem! :msp_smile:

The question was a 441 cm or 461 it has nothing to do with husky!!! Lets help the guy decide which one of these saws will work beast for his needs and not bash the brand (ST) oh and MS 441 cm you will love

The question was a 441 cm or 461 it has nothing to do with husky!!! Lets help the guy decide which one of these saws will work beast for his needs and not bash the brand (ST) oh and MS 441 cm you will love

Theres not a thing wrong with giving someone another perspective. Hell, a 390xp will outcut all of them honestly. But thats beside the point. :D

I love my 441C and thats the one I would pick over the 461. But I also love my 372xp. Brand bias leads to blindness.

M-Tronic does it for me. I thought long and hard when deciding on a 441 or the 460. Looking at the specs alone there didn't seem much point in the 441, same weight, smaller cc, less power, etcetera. I was looking to upgrade from my 361. Then I read on here about M-tronic. I was not aware at first this was out there. I have run my budy's 460, and it is a nice saw. But I love and would trade my 441 M-tronic for any screwdriver-adjusted rubber AV'd saw.

As I type this my right hand tingles, and the thumb feels half asleep, so I know it is going under the knife maybe before year's end. SO I really look at the AV a saw has. Vibs and those repetitive motions (using a key board mouse etc.) is getting to me finally.

As far as the brand biased, I know other saws are as good, some maybe better, but my first was Stihl, and all my bars, chains etc will swap from one to the other. Interchangeability w/out bar adapters etc and just overall familiarity w/ controls and the layouts keep me with Stihl over adding other brands (that said I have a P/U truck in the drive full of OLD greenies to be unloaded).

dw

Unless you are running a 30" plus bar, I would recommend the 441CM. The very small power difference would barely be noticed in anything less and wouldn't be worth the tradeoff for giving up the M-tronic.

-Greg

The speculation is kind of pathetic, and takes away from good information from the threads. Kind of reminds me of an arm chair general.

He may, but the Stihl bashing really gets old after a while, like a couple of posts. He detracts threads time and time again. He is on these forums, 24/7. When does he ever cut any wood? Maybe he could grab hold of a Stihl 441 CM or a 460 and head out to the woods, use the saw, and report back to us with his findings? That would make more sense than the constant negativity. It would also give him more credibility. Turn over a new leaf in a new forest please.

well you've been here what two months. ST has been a valuable member longer than I have. Sorry you don't have a clue, one of his all time favorite saws is a ms361.

The speculation is kind of pathetic, and takes away from good information from the threads. Kind of reminds me of an arm chair general.

He may, but the Stihl bashing really gets old after a while, like a couple of posts. He detracts threads time and time again. He is on these forums, 24/7. When does he ever cut any wood? Maybe he could grab hold of a Stihl 441 CM or a 460 and head out to the woods, use the saw, and report back to us with his findings? That would make more sense than the constant negativity. It would also give him more credibility. Turn over a new leaf in a new forest please.[/QUOTE

I respect ST as a person, and yes Andy, he's been here a hell of a long time, much longer than me, but this constant BS he spews has become more frequent, when is right to bash a saw a member just bought and is proud of. His opinions are like a broken record it is obvious he has never run half of the equipment he bashes, it's part of the European superioty complex, I been there and expierencied first hand, we're just a bunch of dang Yankee's that liberated their continent and knocked up there women, there is a miniority who don't exhibit this behavior but most do. It's obvoius that more and more of the new members have seen through the arm chair opinions and aren't going to keep their mouth shut. I obviously like my Stihls, for more than one reason, they mfg in the US, and I have the best dealer support a man could ask for, but I also would be open to running Husky given the same deals and support as well as Dolmar.
It's gotten to the point were respect is waning. Hell I proud of the guy who saved up enough to buy a 199.00 Poulan to keep his family warm, we all didn't start out with top end pro saws, not does everyone have the need for one. Give a man credit for just buying a saw and gettiing out and cutting his own wood irregardless of brand. I'd bet everything I own my little 028 has cut many more cord of wood than ST has ever thought about cutting, sometimes silence will earn a hell of a lot more respect.

well you've been here what two months. ST has been a valuable member longer than I have. Sorry you don't have a clue, one of his all time favorite saws is a ms361.

I have been cutting wood for 40 years. It shouldn't matter if I have been here since 2004 like you, or 2 months. I simply made mention of his constant bashing of Stihl saws was getting old. And yes, I noticed that in my short time here. Go figure. As I stated, before he makes any more negative comments on any saws, let him get a hold of the saw, go out and actually cut wood with it use it, and then report back on his experiences. It really would give him more credibility. AS it stands right now, he looks like an old disgruntaled man who is nit picking and commenting negatively on every Stihl saw there is, except for his favorite MS 361. ;) He needs to get a life.

The above post by indianspring is very eloquently stated and I agree wholeheartedly. And for the record, I have a Stihl and a Husqvarna.

Now, lets get back on TOPIC. The question was "Stihl MS-441CM or MS-461?"

Last edited:
Theres not a thing wrong with giving someone another perspective. Hell, a 390xp will outcut all of them honestly. But thats beside the point. :D

I love my 441C and thats the one I would pick over the 461. But I also love my 372xp. Brand bias leads to blindness.

So if a fella' was awaiting one (ported by EC) he'd likely not be disappointed? :msp_w00t:

I have been cutting wood for 40 years. It shouldn't matter if I have been here since 2004 like you, or 2 months. I simply made mention of his constant bashing of Stihl saws was getting old. And yes, I noticed that in my short time here. Go figure. As I stated, before he makes any more negative comments on any saws, let him get a hold of the saw, go out and actually cut wood with it use it, and then report back on his experiences. It really would give him more credibility. AS it stands right now, he looks like an old disgruntaled man who is nit picking and commenting negatively on every Stihl saw there is, except for his favorite MS 361. ;) He needs to get a life.

The above post by indianspring is very eloquently stated and I agree wholeheartedly. And for the record, I have a Stihl and a Husqvarna.

Now, lets get back on TOPIC. The question was "Stihl MS-441CM or MS-461?"

That's what I'm talking about when I mentioned how long you've been here. At one time ST did report about saw about and how they run feel and so on. You see I'm not sure if he can run a saw much any more. Sure a lot of what he says gets repeated too much, but so what he has the right to say whatever he wants to, just as you do.

This is a saw forum lighten up.

He may, but the Stihl bashing really gets old after a while, like a couple of posts. He detracts threads time and time again. He is on these forums, 24/7. When does he ever cut any wood? Maybe he could grab hold of a Stihl 441 CM or a 460 and head out to the woods, use the saw, and report back to us with his findings? That would make more sense than the constant negativity. It would also give him more credibility. Turn over a new leaf in a new forest please.[/QUOTE

I respect ST as a person, and yes Andy, he's been here a hell of a long time, much longer than me, but this constant BS he spews has become more frequent, when is right to bash a saw a member just bought and is proud of. His opinions are like a broken record it is obvious he has never run half of the equipment he bashes, it's part of the European superioty complex, I been there and expierencied first hand, we're just a bunch of dang Yankee's that liberated their continent and knocked up there women, there is a miniority who don't exhibit this behavior but most do. It's obvoius that more and more of the new members have seen through the arm chair opinions and aren't going to keep their mouth shut. I obviously like my Stihls, for more than one reason, they mfg in the US, and I have the best dealer support a man could ask for, but I also would be open to running Husky given the same deals and support as well as Dolmar.
It's gotten to the point were respect is waning. Hell I proud of the guy who saved up enough to buy a 199.00 Poulan to keep his family warm, we all didn't start out with top end pro saws, not does everyone have the need for one. Give a man credit for just buying a saw and gettiing out and cutting his own wood irregardless of brand. I'd bet everything I own my little 028 has cut many more cord of wood than ST has ever thought about cutting, sometimes silence will earn a hell of a lot more respect.

Maybe you have inferiority complex, you sure like hearing your own voice.

Last edited:
Indiansprings comments were well stated, I don't give a hoot what brand of saw anyone buys, your paying for it, not me! I think it is very rude for someone to hijack a thread in which someone wants input to decide between different Stihl saws and invariably someone will jump in and suggest they are stupid for not buying a 346,372.395, etc. I presume that the person posting the original question had narrowed their choice down to Stihl models so unless you have personal information on those models perhaps It would be best to withhold off topic comments. I think we all need to show each other more respect at times. Sorry for the rant

Steve

Latest posts

Back