Stihl MS 661 having the bog blues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would already have been on another machine were this my saw.

1. Your Dealer is not taking care of their Customer.
2. Professional Techs don't conduct themselves in such a manner.

Stihl has no choice but to correct this: enough is enough.

It's time for them to step up and give you a new saw.

Yeah, that's BS. You're a professional and you more than likely do a ton of business with them, not a once a year type deal for a hundred bucks, but you probably spent several thousand dollars there. The least they can do is get on the phone with Stihl HQ and see what they can do, and from my dealings with Stihl they pretty much always take care of their customer.

Best saw ever, I'm running 25" 36RM with depth gauges set to softwood, it cut like crazy, then a groundie sharpened it and dropped the depth gauges further and it still cuts like crazy, a little grabby but it just digs deep and pulls through and slings chips, and remember this is in aussie hardwood, green but solid, I love it, you'd love it! :)

I took the saw back to the dealer AGAIN...... I said give me a good running new saw with a more proven platform. The tech suggested the ms362. So the saw that I got was a ms362RCM 24" as a loaner/ demo saw until they figure out the problem with the 661. I ran the 362 all day today and all is well with it, amazing to have a saw other than my 241cm that doesn't bog. Another local report came in that a customer has a hesitation complaint with the 661 but doesn't want to return the saw, he just wants to run it as is..

There has been some reports up here and Canada that the wiring from the carb to the coil is all messed up and throwing all the fireing time off . my dealer said new carb and coil solved the issue .

Latest posts

Back