Stihl MS290 Wont start after tune up!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbowman

Reaction score
I have had trouble with fuel lines breaking down in the past. Last week the saw would fire right up but bog down when at high idle. So I figured it was starving for fuel?? I bought new everything.... Plug, Carb, Fuel lines, filters etc.... Installed them all and now it will not fire at all!!! I have pulled till my arm fell off, brand new fuel, pulled with the saw in the "off" position like I've heard the get the fuel started, I've looked carefully to be sure the fuel line isn't pinched next to the carb and it looks free? I also fired some carb cleaner into the carb and this DOES fire the saw for 3-4 seconds so I can only imagine its a fuel issue? Any advice or thoughts?? Is there something I can buy or a test I can try to be assure the brand new fuel line isn't clogged?

I have had trouble with fuel lines breaking down in the past. Last week the saw would fire right up but bog down when at high idle. So I figured it was starving for fuel?? I bought new everything.... Plug, Carb, Fuel lines, filters etc.... Installed them all and now it will not fire at all!!! I have pulled till my arm fell off, brand new fuel, pulled with the saw in the "off" position like I've heard the get the fuel started, I've looked carefully to be sure the fuel line isn't pinched next to the carb and it looks free? I also fired some carb cleaner into the carb and this DOES fire the saw for 3-4 seconds so I can only imagine its a fuel issue? Any advice or thoughts?? Is there something I can buy or a test I can try to be assure the brand new fuel line isn't clogged?

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DO WHAT I SUGGEST

You bought a new carb for it? Make sure fuel pump is working in the new carb. What octane is the fuel? Check compression. Doubt the brand new fuel line is clogged already.

aftermarket chinesium carb has missing passages....

What parts? OE or…?

Latest posts

Back