• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl MS362 $265 shipped

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sld961

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

Selling Stihl MS362. It starts up and runs. It's fully functional, but it was in a fire and has some smoke staining and heat damage. The top cover and top handle were replaced by the previous owner. I was going to replace the ugly parts, but I'm just going to pass it on as-is.

It's fully functional the way it is, if you don't care how it looks.

$265 shipped to lower 48.

3168e0209bbd03a2a18cf3c4c62c8793.jpg

47df7e05893992ac1128d6638fe5cb14.jpg

1cdb8865e064aa7f5f8fca48907a7a22.jpg

This won't last long...Case of Bud Light, masking tape, few pieces of newspaper, and a good ol' can of plastic paint, rattle-can Krylon...I can see it comin'. In a couple of hours and a handful of cold ones, I'd have that bad boy lookin' like it just got a $99 Earl Scheib Special. Lol

Does the tank in the last pic have any damage or just black from soot?
If you zoom in, you can see there is some damage (surface melting) to the rear handle/tank. The palm safety is stuck down, but could probably be made functional by shaving it a little bit with a razor.

I can get some close up shots this evening, if it's not sold by then.

If you zoom in, you can see there is some damage (surface melting) to the rear handle/tank. The palm safety is stuck down, but could probably be made functional by shaving it a little bit with a razor.

I can get some close up shots this evening, if it's not sold by then.
Thank you! It will sell quick. It is so tempting and I am hoping someone buys it quick so I am not tempted tomorrow to pull the trigger!

Thanks also have you had a chance to take a look at the piston.....thanks a lot......

And sorry to double post but my number is 1-765-749-4485 if you can please call me asap....very interested in saw!!!!!!... Thanks a lot Kyle....

I am working through PMs. I have a couple of "I'll take it"s. I will let everyone know when it is sold. To answer some questions that I have been getting and to give everyone some background on the saw:

I bought this saw off of Craigslist with the intention of replacing the damaged parts and then selling it. I have zero time into this saw. I did not run it in wood. The previous owner started it in the parking lot. It started and seemed to run fine. I put it in my trunk, then I put it in my work shop. That's where it sits. I did not check the compression. I did not check the piston. I did not notice any fuel leaking from the tank, but I did not closely inspect it. There is some oil around the bottom of the clutch area, I assume it may leak a little bar oil. I say that it is fully functional. By this, I mean that it starts, revs ups, the chain spins around, the chain brake works. Again, I have zero time into this saw. I think the bar is 18 inch, it may be 20, I don't think it's 16. If I spent time going through it, it wouldn't be $265 shipped.

I can certainly get a compression reading and pull the piston when I get home late this evening, but I already have several unconditional "I'll take it"s, so I don't think we'll make it that far.

Latest posts

Back