• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl MS362 or Husky 562XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To get a new 60cc saw for less than $700, you could look at the husky 555, jonsered 2258, dolmar 6100, or the echo 600. You could also keep an eye open for trading post saws in this size. My current 60cc saw is a 034s I got used from a member here.
i apologize i was unclear with the "sub $700" statement, i am on here because of everyones knowledge and the ability to get honest opnions on saws, also for the deals i have seen. with that being said i know i wont find a new 60cc saw with electronic fuel management and anti vibration for under $700 but i am ok with a saw that has these specs and is used but has been taken care of. my ultimate goal is for a saw with a 20" bar that i can run all day in 18-24" hardwood (oak, hickory, locust) without exhausting myself and have the saw cut like its barely working. ( i realize im asking a lot and this will probably require a ported saw ) but If a saw comes around that fits these criteria and is ~$800 or so then so be it, ill pay for quality. thanks for the response

i apologize i was unclear with the "sub $700" statement, i am on here because of everyones knowledge and the ability to get honest opnions on saws, also for the deals i have seen. with that being said i know i wont find a new 60cc saw with electronic fuel management and anti vibration for under $700 but i am ok with a saw that has these specs and is used but has been taken care of. my ultimate goal is for a saw with a 20" bar that i can run all day in 18-24" hardwood (oak, hickory, locust) without exhausting myself and have the saw cut like its barely working. ( i realize im asking a lot and this will probably require a ported saw ) but If a saw comes around that fits these criteria and is ~$800 or so then so be it, ill pay for quality. thanks for the response
go back and read my comment on looking at a Dolmar 6100. Should be a the end of page 1.

$500-$550 brand new, everything you want/need to run a 20in bar, w/ warrenty!

OP,
Have you looked at a Dolmar 6100? it's been the hot topic on both saw forums lately. Brand new you should be able to buy one with 18-20 in bar for $500-$550 at a dealer with a 2-3 year warrenty from what I hear. Husky guys will argue that they have less power than a new 562 but they are also $150 cheaper! Reliable, light, nimble, powerfull, and strato... So uses less gas than regular saw. They also have awesome new air filtration design. Also if you don't recognize the Dolmar brand... Go google them. They have been around longer than Stihl and Husky. They just don't spend a billion dollars on advertising (thus the lower cost saw). Makita (yes the power tool company) bought them out but they kept pretty much everything status quo as far as the consumer is concerned. Dolmar just now makes chainsaws in blue and red.

It's the move I'll make as soon as I get the spare cash.

Nathan
nathan, i have heard good about dolmar i have just stayed away from them because there are no dealers as close as a husky or stihl. if you say their quality is as good as stihl and husky i will certainly look into them. thanks for the reply

ok i have been offered both a stock (almost brand new) and ported ms261 ( about a year old ). i am thinking that my 025 would be able to do most of whatever the 261 can do so i dont want a saw that just does a little more than my 025 but a lot less than my 044, which is why i was looking at the 60cc class, but ive never run a portes 261 so what are everyones thoughts on a ported ms261 with an 18" bar for 18 - 24" hardwood?

nathan, i have heard good about dolmar i have just stayed away from them because there are no dealers as close as a husky or stihl. if you say their quality is as good as stihl and husky i will certainly look into them. thanks for the reply
They are just as good. It basically comes down to may 1-2 seconds extra for each cut (if that). Power to weight and reliability are almost the same and the oil and fuel tanks are 5-6oz bigger each so you can cut a full truck load on one tank! Where are you in Ohio?

Keep in mind now that you are on here... If you run into problems in the future you can ask us. From what I remember the warrenty is 2-3x longer for the 6100 for residential use too.

They are just as good. It basically comes down to may 1-2 seconds extra for each cut (if that). Power to weight and reliability are almost the same and the oil and fuel tanks are 5-6oz bigger each so you can cut a full truck load on one tank! Where are you in Ohio?

Keep in mind now that you are on here... If you run into problems in the future you can ask us. From what I remember the warrenty is 2-3x longer for the 6100 for residential use too.
im located just west of columbus is london 5 min from 3 stihl dealers, 15 from husky, and ~35 from dolmar. Are the dolmar saws considered professional grade like the stihl ms and husky xp? also have you had any experience with ported dolmars? thanks for the heads up on the fuel tank, my 044 drinks gas like nobodys business.

for the few amounts of time you might be back to a dealer for support and the savings you'll get... I'd still look into the dolmar.

For $800, you should be able to buy a new 362 cm or a new 562 from a dealer complete with warranty.
And for $200-$300 less you can have a Dolmar 6100 that will run the same size bar just as well with a longer warranty. Is the extra 20min of drive time worth saving $200 and having a longer warrenty?

Yes, I think so...

And for $200-$300 less you can have a Dolmar 6100 that will run the same size bar just as well with a longer warranty. Is the extra 20min of drive time worth saving $200 and having a longer warrenty?

Yes, I think so...
yea the dolmars i have been looking at are pretty appealing, i was also told to look at the j-red saws, pretty much a husky just different porting? also have you had any experience or know about how dolmar saws perform woods ported?

yea the dolmars i have been looking at are pretty appealing, i was also told to look at the j-red saws, pretty much a husky just different porting? also have you had any experience or know about how dolmar saws perform woods ported?
There is a 6100 waiting in line at Masterminds shop right now. Don't expect to see the build thread here since the mods pissed him off. you have to go to (s a w ha wg z . com) to find that...

There is a 6100 waiting in line at Masterminds shop right now. Don't expect to see the build thread here since the mods pissed him off. you have to go to (s a w ha wg z . com) to find that...
awesome thanks for the help!

Jonsereds just have different plastic.

Jonsereds just have different plastic.
bryanr2, i have been doing a lot of searching and research on a saw that would fit my needs, i find that you are on a lot of the threads i have been reading. having my 044 do you think that a 60 cc, possibly woods ported, saw is a good idea for medium - large hardwood cutting or should i get another 70 cc and just suck up the extra 2 lbs of weight then dad and i can cut the big stuff at the same time? I'm asking because i saw a nice j-red 2171 NIB on here from 2009 that comes with a 20 and 24" bar for a pretty decent price, thanks again for your help

I would either buy the 357 listed here (which I would have already bought if I didnt have the 359s) or I would buy TNShakers 046. I think the current price is $525 plus shipping. 60cc is a tweener saw. It can do the 50cc work and it can do some of the 70cc work as well (to an extent). Of all my saws, 70 class gets the most action. It is the "do all class" in my opionion.

555 is a AutoTune semi pro saw. (Esesianly it is a slightly de-tuned 562) Send it to be woods ported and muffler nodded by any of the sponsors around here, and it will cut with a stock 70cc saw all day long.

haven't made any final decision however i am strongly leaning toward buying one of tlanrum's new woods ported 562xp saws. bryanr2 thanks for the heads up on the new listing, ill check it out.

haven't made any final decision however i am strongly leaning toward buying one of tlanrum's new woods ported 562xp saws. bryanr2 thanks for the heads up on the new listing, ill check it out.

go for the "Gentlemans" version- the Jonsered 2260. I do not like the Silver paint Husq uses on their 346/550/562/576. I saw pics of a new (8 tanks of fuel or less) 562- and the clutch cover looked like it had been drug down a gravel road with a truck.

Latest posts

Back