Stihl ms362c trade, good saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gixxerjoe04

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
So I’ve been looking to upgrade recently. Been looking to sell my stihl 270 woodboss to upgrade to something that can handle a 20+“ a little more bar to cut bowl blanks(I’m a Woodturner). The day I plan on posting my saw a guy has a 362c for sale or trade for a smaller saw plus cash. So I traded mine for his with a 25” bar plus $150. Saw looks hardly used so figured a good deal. Of course after looking more into the C version, seems like some mixed opinions. So curious on opinions on the saw and what to do to keep it in tip top shape, mainly gonna cut firewood and bowl blanks, so not crazy use.
F6BB84C5-010E-42A2-9BA5-D4D241642520.jpeg

I'd say you made the right decision. General maintenance, run high quality mix non ethenol gas if possible and you should be set for quite some time. And keep the chain sharp.

If the 362 is in as good as shape as it looks, I'd say you came out of that trade in pretty good shape.

You made a good deal. My 362c was my first M-Tronic. Very well pleased. I bought 2 more with M Tronic. Depending on how many tanks you will use, consider using canned fuel to keep carb from gumming up.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Just noticed came with a case too. Nice.
You made a good deal. My 362c was my first M-Tronic. Very well pleased. I bought 2 more with M Tronic. Depending on how many tanks you will use, consider using canned fuel to keep carb from gumming up.

Just noticed came with a case too. Nice.

Nah I went and bought the case for it, so cost me an extra $50 but I like having a case. I usually try to run ethanol free mix in, haven’t used the can stuff but that’s what the guy who I bought it from was using. Haven’t got to cut with it yet but it started and ran fine, will hopefully get to test it out this week.

I have 18" and 24" bars for my 362CM. 24" (Stihl 25") is a little long- it puts the balance too far forward and the oiler is a little light even when turned up all the way. It's also kind of slow cutting with the 24" fully buried. I think 20" would be perfect. I use E10 premium as E0 is rare and expensive here. It works fine. If it looks like it'll be a more than a few weeks between uses of any of my saws I dump the gas out and run the carb dry.

I keep my saws up to 046 in cases. 25" bars just use longer scabbard. I store saws and OPE with Trufuel. Snowblower started first pull.
Nah I went and bought the case for it, so cost me an extra $50 but I like having a case. I usually try to run ethanol free mix in, haven’t used the can stuff but that’s what the guy who I bought it from was using. Haven’t got to cut with it yet but it started and ran fine, will hopefully get to test it out this week.

Latest posts

Back