Stihl parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grommet

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So does anyone know why stihl doesn't list the parts that they produce and distribute throughout the world on their website? There are alot of good dealers out there, though the one in my area is more interested in selling pruning saws and snow blowers. I wouls like to look up a part # but stihl's site seems to think these #'s are part of some Mayan code for cataclysmic events and chooses not to share them with the people in the world that pay their' light bill. Thank you for letting me vent ....wheres the tylenol:angry:

I feel your pain. The only dealer within 100 miles of me just wants to sell mowers and four wheelers. All kinds of Stihl stuff for sale but no parts in stock and crazy answers when I ask about repair questions or ordering parts. Why I'm here.

Exactly, he sure doesn't mind sellin me a sixpack of synthetic mix or a part that he has to order after I supply the part # and then he has to order it cuz his shelves are to crammed with lawnmower blades, I understand these dealers have to diversify to several items to survive in business, but if you are gonna be a stihl dealer then deal I shouldnt have to come to this site to find a part # so I can go to him to order it, or because stihl's crap website wants to covet part #s like a virgin at a tractor pull. Again I want to stress there alot awesome stihl dealers out there but in my opinion they are the exception not the rule. For those that are helpful thank you and keep doing what your doing.

That's laughable... :laugh:

Husqvarna tried to do the same thing awhile ago... and ended up going back to selling online since they were losing too much business.

Stihl does just fine.

Gary

Latest posts

Back