Stihl prices going up.....or down?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneoldbanjo

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I know that this may be a closely guarded secret - but does anyone know if Stih prices are going up......or down in the near future. It is a great time to buy a car - but I am not currently in the market for a car/truck. I am in the market for a saw.

Dunno specifically. But the 171/181/211 models are coming out more expensive than the 170/180/210 models if this is any indicator. There may be multiple reasons for this though...

Going up that I've seen. I bought my ms460 about a month ago and the tag is about $50 higher now then before.

I am getting ready to buy a 460 - and I just didn't know if it would be better to wait a few months. I don't need the saw today or this week - but when summer gets here I will need it.

The slow down is starting to hit the northern Kentucky area pretty hard in the engineering/surveying fields. Lots of lay offs are happening - and the construction season is a couple of months away so it will be a while yet before things might pick up.

if stihl lowers prices they will sell less saws!!!

i heard that here on AS.
:)

:agree2:That just makes so much sense!!! Maybe GM, Ford, and Chrysler need to raise their prices too because right now they can't hardly give them away!!!!:clap::confused::clap::confused:

I haven't heard of prices going up but I'm not a dealer either. Just remember that you get what you pay for. A 460 is one bad mfer.

Back