Stihl saws at Rural King

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure how it doesn't make any sense to you.

It makes no sense because you chose to attack a member that has not posted in this thread at the point at which you chose to post an attack. I have no idea what history you have with Mark but you have no right attacking him in a thread that he has not posted in WHEN YOU ATTACKED HIM

Don't worry I remember when u were selling roached out 029's from washington at a premium price. It is what it is?

Brad,

What the hellll are you talking about. BACK UP YOUR WORDS SIR I WILL NOT LET YOUR BS GO BY

I am here 309-537-3181

What is your phone number???? I will not put up with someone making BS comments without backing them up

Stihl sells several times more homeowner saws than they do the pro saws. More money to be made there. They would go broke if they only sold 260's, 360's, 460's, and 660's.

Take a look at Craig's list to see the majority of chain saws in owner's hands?

Most of the firewood cut in the USA is cut with "Wild Thing" type homeowner plastic chainsaws.

My only home owner saw, a Stihl 025 says "Made in USA" though I'm sure several components were sourced elsewhere.

I made an error in my last post.

I also have a Husqvarna 350 that was a opportunity situation. I take it out and use it alongside my other 3 cube saws. Not as fast as my 346 but not a bad chainsaw either.

I won't get to involved in this thread because it's not looking to pretty at the moment but will comment on my local Rural King. It is privately owned, I have seen the owner land his personal chopper in the parking lot but they do not sell any stihl products at all...it is all poulan and husky.

The only stihl dealers in this town is the deere dealer and ace hardware. The deere dealer will not budge a nickel so I don't buy from them AT ALL but I'm sure the farmers that buy the over priced deere equipment do. Ace will deal a little with me since I've bought four new saws and one used saw in the last three months. I will usually drive 30 miles to the state west of me to support a good stihl, husky and echo dealer.

I won't get to involved in this thread because it's not looking to pretty at the moment but will comment on my local Rural King. It is privately owned, I have seen the owner land his personal chopper in the parking lot but they do not sell any stihl products at all...it is all poulan and husky.

The only stihl dealers in this town is the deere dealer and ace hardware. The deere dealer will not budge a nickel so I don't buy from them AT ALL but I'm sure the farmers that buy the over priced deere equipment do. Ace will deal a little with me since I've bought four new saws and one used saw in the last three months. I will usually drive 30 miles to the state west of me to support a good stihl, husky and echo dealer.

When was the last time you were in Rural King? The sales flyer that I got is for this week starting today. They didn't have them the last time I was there earlier in the week.

When was the last time you were in Rural King? The sales flyer that I got is for this week starting today. They didn't have them the last time I was there earlier in the week.

To be honest I was in there yesterday to buy some bullets but did not check out or even walk by the chainsaws...hmmm, maybe there is a trip across town today just to check it out. Rural King has layaway ya know...

You have made more than one thread about the price of new stihl parts. Mark - to be honest u are a collector and not a user. If I didn't have to use the saws maybe i'd collect the saws u do, but I'm not a collector. To be quite honest, I was a collector once upon a time, but not anymore. To each their own I guess...but their are probably a ton of examples out there about a stihl dealer screwing somebody, a husky dealer, a jonsered dealer, a dolmar dealer etc....but who cares? Heck...maybe a Poulan dealer screwed somebody once? Is that saying all Stihl, Husky, Jonsered, Dolmar dealers are bad? Nope...I personally have a good dealer that sells stihl, husky, and jonsered. It is just your agenda to try to propogate that Stihl, Husky, Jonsered, Dolmar are evil. Like I say to each their own I guess.

I wish I could just collect saws and not use my saws to save on heating, but I guess I live in a cold climate and I'm trying to be too conservative.

Brad, your quite good it seems at throwing crap at the wall in hopes some of it will stick. Well it ain't sticking very well for you today.

I'm glad you know all about me and what I do and dont do as well.

What I personally do really has nothing to do with it. For the record I do not cut so much anymore, I dont have to. I have a good job and can afford to heat my house with gas, and I can forget the trouble of having to work my ass off on the side cutting wood to stay warm.

That dont mean that I never had to do that as I did, for quite a while actually. I still cut some wood to heat my shop and probably work on many more saws in a year then you do. Lots of them and lots of different brands.

Now go and find all the many threads I started #####ing about Stihl parts prices. I'll be here waiting.......

I have posted a few times on the way my local Stihl dealers do business, the way they dont stock Stihl proprietary and consumable parts along with the PITA way of odereing those parts and paying shipping regardless of the fact if the said order was on there weekly order or a special order.

Why do you really care if I dont like that or not? It seems you do not and might be why you drug me into this thread?

"Modified mark...your brand of choice hasn't been a significant marketshare for how many years? Why get your shorts in a knot..the top tier chainsaws are doing well and progressing technology and we are all reaping the rewards."

This is your quote and shows how wrong you are. Your too busy cutting wood I guess to figure out that the Poulan brand is sill out there selling consumer saws at a pretty good clip and still making Husqvarna some dough.

Nope there not the same saws of old but there selling them everyday none the less. Some are just as good for the money as your beloved POS 025/MS250's.

Now that I did get drug into this thread that I didnt want to get wound into....

I dont really care where Stihl sells there saws as I have choices and dont have to deal with them at all. At this moment I do not own one Stihl saw but that dont mean that I wont. They have some good stuff and some highly over rated here pieces of junk also.

I do see the writing on the wall though, Stihl see's it to0. They cannot keep up the way there going in these days. People want the convenience of being able to order there parts with a couple mouse clicks, not only that, at the price of gas these days, there not going to make two trips to the dealer to get there parts either. The first trip to find they dont have the part and to get it ordered, the second trip to pick it up.

Thats just crazy anymore. Still cannot just change it over night though with all the BS they have spread for years about taking care of there dealers. Just look whats going on though, seems there working slowly that way.

Then again, take that with a grain of salt, I'm just a collector who doesn't know anything.

Oh and btw, these are sitting on my shop floor. No there not mine, but it seems in all that you know about me, you wouldnt think that I would work on these. Shows how little you know about me. Thanks again for dragging me into this thread.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Pizz on it I'm posting my opinion...Brad you had no right to attack Mark the way that you did. Mark had no iron in this fire what so ever until he was attacked and the words from you were totally uncalled for.

Who cares if Mark does not like stihl or the way they do or are going to do things. His opinion of a company is his opinion just like you have yours of the same. I personally am a old school poulan and newer stihl guy so I do not lean towards either brand but I would not call out and bash a guy because he has had some bad history with a brand of saws or the people selling them. A mans mouth is his worst enemy some times and you are just proof of that:msp_wink:

I am not one to weigh in on a arguement that does not involve me but this is rediculous there was no reason for the arguement except for an azz acting like an azz IMO.

The "Gang" mentality around here is quite astonishing.

Ain't making any calls, there are always 2 sides to EVERYTHING.

The "Gang" mentality around here is quite astonishing.

Ain't making any calls, there are always 2 sides to EVERYTHING.

Thanks for adding something of substance in this one. One side was easy to see though.

Anyone remember what this thread was originally about? :confused:

Yes and it was something that didnt interest me in the least to begin with.

Big R

In the area I live (central IL) there is a Big R that sells Stihl and my other choice is a John Deer dealer (cross brothers inc) or to drive extra distance to Bloomington and deal with traffic, not that the traffic is the worst but every time I end up there it is around 4 to 5 in the afternoon and I have to deal with it. The Big R carries the full line and keeps parts in stock for almost anything I ever work on, the Deer store on the other hand never has any parts I need only carries a little bit of the Stihl line and acts like it is a big inconvenience for them to even talk to me plus they will not work with you on price. I will say that the Stihl dealers in bloomington have a better service departments than the Big R and they do carry some parts that Big R does not so I always call first to check. I use to work at a dealer and was gold certified at one time so no one but me works on my saws and I am fine with buying saws and parts at Big R. Plus Big R is a one stop shop for a lot of other logging and tree removal equipment, they even carry climbing gear. I feel for the small dealers but it is just a matter of time before you see more of this, my advice is to do good work and work with your customers the best you can and get a good name for your self, business will always walk through the door. I have never been just a Stihl man and, if it is a good saw an reliable then go with it. I do work for several tree services and other construction businesses as a side job and they swear buy me, I keep chain by the roll and cut what they need a lost art in this area and try to keep parts for random maintenance (plugs, carb kits, rope) I even keep an old saw around as a loaner for good clients and will meet anyone at anytime if it is important for them to get a piece of equipment fixed. So the main point for me is price that I have to pay and distance I have to drive. The love of saws and small motors is what keeps me doing this, as I work at a nuclear plant and do not have to do it full time. I do not know about buying parts over the internet as It takes to long to get and you never know who is putting the parts in the box and what they leave out or get wrong. Nothing pisses me off more than waiting for a week and getting the wrong parts. Even when I go to a dealer half the time I have to come around the counter and use the parts look up for them to get the right thing, point in case i sent my wife to pick up a tank vent for a 026 and she comes home with the cone type for the newer saw, I call the store and get told that it is the right one it replaces the older one and half to argue with the guy on the phone, end up driving up there and showing them how they are not compatible and look up the right part.

Well, I went into RK today and they had no stihls and was told that they were not going to be getting any but the person I talked to acted like they really did'nt have a clue.

Back