Stihl shop vac and spider bite

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huskystihl

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Killing 2 birds with one post. Somebody tell me the stihl shop vac is awesome? My grandfather is and always has been a stihl guy and made a good living using their products, I got him the smaller version for xmas. Money isn't an issue for a guy thats given and taught me so much I just wanna make sure that it's $150 well spent. Part 2, i've been bitten before and when you work with timber who hasn't? But this one was different, I had one get me right below the knuckle which I never seen what kind it was which the doctors were concerned about. Long story short I spent 3 hrs in the ER after constant nagging from my wife and kids and my hand swelled to twice it's size and the forearm as well. I was pumped full of antibiotic and they lantzed the wound, ouch and they tried admitting me.
Everything today looks much better but a lesson to myself and others especially to folks out west who have the ones that will kill you. Dont mess with the initial bite, get to the DR and take care of yourself. This was worse than the momma coon that scratched the crap out of me 10 yrs ago, you havent lived till one jumps out of a tree and into your bucket at 35 ft. Merry xmas to all!

Stihl makes great products and stands behind them,that I have seen so that vac should give good long service for him. Now that spyder bite is something I have never experienced, living further up North we don`t have those poisionous devils to contend with. I would rather deal with the bears, at least I can see them coming. Hope the antibiotics do their job, get well soon.

Last edited:
Actually, the Brown Recluse is very common and widespread.

Thats what the DR had said as well. He examined the bite marks and was leaning towards a recluse but didn't wanna scare me and is also why he wanted to admit me. I'll tell ya one thing you don't wanna do is research it on the internet cause you'll be out picking out your coffin. All in all today all the swellings gone and fortunately for my life ins carrier i'm gonna live but made me realize the older I get the more you have to take care of things like this cause you just don't heal like you did 20 yrs ago.

I have been bitten twice and my wife once and my 70+ year old mom and dad, three times each.

I went to the hospital where they wanted to amputate my right foot the first time and my testicles the second time. I fixed both issues myself with oregano oil, food grade hydrogen peroxide and baking soda, the faster you get it on better it works. I didn't know anything about spider bites when I got them, thats it why the extreme damage had taken place, but I wasn't about to loose any of those parts to a doctor, ended up having three kids too, LOL.

If you know what you are doing you just loose some skin and a little tissue below and its not really a big deal.

If you don't, its a big deal.

One little note that doctors don't really how to properly address the recluse bite is they always give antibiotics, which doesn't do anything for treating the spider bite and neutralizing the venon, antibiotics just (and with poor effectiveness usually) treats the onslaught of infection in the bite after the venom has run its course. A more common sense approach is to stop the effectiveness of the venom in the first place.

Mom and dad had it down to a science, as they have a collective 6 bites in one year. I think dad got to where he is immune to them, as his last bite healed really quick using natural remedies.

Sam
(disclaimer: I'm not a doctor, and do your own research, but a little common sense goes a long ways towards health and vitality)

There have been two brown recluse bites in Fife Lake N.Mi in the last year a dog died and a high school kid got hit on the bottom of his foot. He's doing good now but a week in the hospital and crutches for a couple of months. I hope yours works out. These things give me the willies.

I have been bitten twice and my wife once and my 70+ year old mom and dad, three times each.

I went to the hospital where they wanted to amputate my right foot the first time and my testicles the second time. I fixed both issues myself with oregano oil, food grade hydrogen peroxide and baking soda, the faster you get it on better it works. I didn't know anything about spider bites when I got them, thats it why the extreme damage had taken place, but I wasn't about to loose any of those parts to a doctor, ended up having three kids too, LOL.

If you know what you are doing you just loose some skin and a little tissue below and its not really a big deal.

One little note that doctors don't really how to properly address the recluse bite is they always give antibiotics, which doesn't do anything for treating the spider bite and neutralizing the venon, antibiotics just (and with poor effectiveness usually) treats the onslaught of infection in the bite after the venom has run its course. A more common sense approach is to stop the effectiveness of the venom in the first place.

Mom and dad had it down to a science, as they have a collective 6 bites in one year. I think dad got to where he is immune to them, as his last bite healed really quick using natural remedies.

Sam
(disclaimer: I'm not a doctor, and do your own research, but a little common sense goes a long ways towards health and vitality)

Holy BLEEP BLEEP. The tissue is turning dark in color but it's cause it's healing more than anything. I did do a baking soda water paste followed by peroxide and lantzed it myself with my pocket knife and squeezed the piss out of it. My grandfather logged on the OH, WV line for yrs and he was bitten a few times so I know they're around Ohio just not as common due to climate. Yeah the baking soda trick is something i've done since my grandmother put it on my first bee sting. My wife works for an ins company and told me of a middle aged lady about 20 miles away who lost her leg from getting bit by one and you're right, the DR didn't know how to handle the venom. I've had multiple surgeries from injuries in my life and had been pumped full of antibiotics more than once but whatever this middle eastern Dr gave me made me half sick and tired as heck for about 2 days so maybe that did the trick.

Sam
I got to ask, how the hell did you get bit on the testes. Dam man that sounds painful:frown:I hope you had a good nurse.

Last edited:
I wanted to ask the same thing but it took a few minutes to fathom it. Probably cause it really didn't hurt much just felt like a pin prick when I was working out in the shop. I never even seen the little bastard either to verify thats what it was.

My wife gets medical magazines and one showed a wound from a recluse. The wound picture shows where it went real bad. Either it was that flesh eating bacteria or necrosis, but they had to carve a bunch of the flesh out down to the bone. Here is a medical site that explains black widow and brown recluse spider bites. Some pics of recluse bite sites are disturbing.

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/slideshow_black_widow_brown_recluse_spiders/article_em.htm

Last edited:
I have an older stihl vac and it is super, I would say the new ones are just as good.

I got to ask, how the hell did you get bit on the testes. Dam man that sounds painful:frown:I hope you had a good nurse.

I was bit mid thigh right over the large vien that runs up the inside of my leg. The venom ran up that vien and in or near enough to my sac. To say I grew a pair is an understatement, LOL. I went to the doctor and they said, they were going to have to cut everything off if I wanted to live ............. walked right out of that one. Did some research and fixed the problem myself, it wasn't easy or fun, but I had three good kids after that.

I make no bones about it, I dislike doctors or more appropriately put, the USA medical crew. They are out to make money ............. not heal or fix people, its a business and healthy people are bad for business. You can't sell "legal" drugs to those that aren't sick. As a bullrider for 12+ years, I've broke more bones and had more violent damage done to my body than most anyone here statistically speaking, broken neck, split hips, broken legs/arms/hands/scapula/ribs font and back. Had horns shoved into front of face until it stopped in my tongue back by my tonsils, into my back and right lung, into my thigh, barely missed my eye and one into my neck that struck my juglar vein, but didn't put a very big hole into it, bled pretty good though. After such things, I have only used the medical industry to assess my damage and then walked or limped or was carried out after I had the Xrays and fixed it all myself or with the aid of Karen, mom or my little girl. I had/have a chiropractor that would help me with Xrays and was pretty good about helping me move damaged parts around to where they needed to be. I paid cash for the services I needed and for the most part never had health insurance. Some of the bigger pro events you have health insurance, but not many. I did have a surgeon put my left knee back together after a bull broke my knee backwards and put my foot by my face .............. bending the wrong way. I walked around for 10 months, before I was convinced I couldn't fix that one. I only had one ligament LCL holding my knee together for 10 months, a fast trot was the fastest I could go, I could wobble my knee around an easy 180 degrees when I loosened it. When it came time for surgery, I told him I didn't want any antibiotics put into my body and that I would not use anything that he gave me. Short story, I used "natural" methods that I learned or was taught and healed faster than anyone the surgeon had ever seen in his very long practice, and he works on pro athletes that you watch on TV every weekend. I've been to Brazil many times and stayed with some doctors down there and they use a good harmony of natural and synthetic "medicines" in an effort to actually heal a person, here its just about the money, don't think they give a rats rear about you or you getting better.

My Amish friends don't go to American doctors to get "healed" of cancer they get on a train and go to Mexico, and come back cured, yet the American Cancer Association keeps asking for more and more donations from you and me, Why? Because they say there isn't any cure for Cancer ...... you can hear them now...... "One day with the help of your generous donation, we will find a cure for cancer"................. LOL, what a joke. There is a cure for cancer and its in their own damm manual and its really simple, get your body out of an acidic state and into an Alkaline state and bingo, cancer cells can't live in an Alkaline environment, but do they use those proven methods ......NO, why?, because they wouldn't make any money off of those simple methods, because they are cheap to perform.

Moral of the story, if you live through cancer using American Doctors, you did it inspite of their methods, not because of them, its a joke. Do you know how much of a money maker cancer is ....... its huge, billions and billions of dollars, they want you to live in fear of a problem that is very easily cured, but you need to rely on the USA doctors they know best, LOL. I know people in the medical field that know what I know and they are having a really hard time living that lie, as it is immoral to put people through such things for the sake of money and/or ignorance.

The moral of this post is not to brag or berate other methods, but to inspire individuals that the information is readily availiable to cure yourself of most any physical issue or illness if you will simply use some common sense and have a desire to take responsibility for your own health and well being, and rely on someone else that will make more money off of a slow death than a fast cure, and I'm proof of it to a certain degrees and I know many others that are proof of it with regards to disease or other worse injuries.

Disclaimer: I don't know what I'm talking about and everything above was some fictious writings of a lunatic, LOL.

Later,

Sam

Got bit twice this year, Black Widow and Hobo spider, neither one was pleasant. the hobo bite on my finger is still tender 6 months after but is no longer red and I will have a permanent scar. The Black Widow bite made me sick as a dog and itched a bit.

I haven't been bit by real nasty spiders, but I know about spider bytes. The worst "sting" I did get was a jolt from a brown scorpion, got nerve and tissue damage from that.

Just the Germans?

From what i hear, OZ has more boogers than we do.

LOL, them germans are easy...you can see them comin from a long distance :hmm3grin2orange:

OZ has about any dangerous wildlife creatures a man can think of....not sure why anyone wants to live there....outta-here-gif

Latest posts

Back