Stihl shop vac and spider bite

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Killing 2 birds with one post. Somebody tell me the stihl shop vac is awesome? My grandfather is and always has been a stihl guy and made a good living using their products, I got him the smaller version for xmas. Money isn't an issue for a guy thats given and taught me so much I just wanna make sure that it's $150 well spent. Part 2, i've been bitten before and when you work with timber who hasn't? But this one was different, I had one get me right below the knuckle which I never seen what kind it was which the doctors were concerned about. Long story short I spent 3 hrs in the ER after constant nagging from my wife and kids and my hand swelled to twice it's size and the forearm as well. I was pumped full of antibiotic and they lantzed the wound, ouch and they tried admitting me.
Everything today looks much better but a lesson to myself and others especially to folks out west who have the ones that will kill you. Dont mess with the initial bite, get to the DR and take care of yourself. This was worse than the momma coon that scratched the crap out of me 10 yrs ago, you havent lived till one jumps out of a tree and into your bucket at 35 ft. Merry xmas to all!

Change your handle to Spiderbite:rock:

Yes, I hear that in Australia, you have to be careful if you are gathering seashells on the beach, they have shellfish with deadly stingers even.

Even the platypus is poisonous. Snakes that can kill you quicker than you can call for help.

We have a few spiders that are nasty. Red Backs that like to live everywhere. Funnel Webs that live in the ground and in stacked timber. But worse is the Hoop Snake and the Drop Bear. The Hoop Snake holds its tail in its mouth and rolls down the hill at you releasing the tail in time to fly through the air and wrap around your neck and biting you on the face. The Drop Bear, weighs about 60 kilo, lives in trees like it's smaller cousin the Koala Bear but it is carnivorous and drops on you and eats off your face. Then we have crocodiles and white sharks. So you all just stay away.

The anti-biotics are to stave of infection after the flesh has putrified.

Different sized spiders will render different results as well as not all fiddle backs are BRs.

If it is a full bite from a good sized BR it will necrous and putrify. If you are diabetic or have an immune definciany seek medical help before the flesh stinks. Dead flesh kills kidneys.

A BR's bite is often slept through and only noticed when the bite site starts to turn.

Keep an eye on the wound site, take your temp and if your piss turns brownish(tea) colored get help ASAP.

Good luck.

The Hoop Snake holds its tail in its mouth and rolls down the hill at you releasing the tail in time to fly through the air and wrap around your neck and biting you on the face. The Drop Bear, weighs about 60 kilo, lives in trees like it's smaller cousin the Koala Bear but it is carnivorous and drops on you and eats off your face.

Heck, we have strippers in Louisville that can do that!!!!!

Both Stihl vacs are awsome. We have the big one for store use and demo. the big one isnt all the expensive when you compare to similar models out there......
:clap:

Latest posts

Back