Stihl Torx head screws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ironman_gq

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I am putting together an 044 project saw and I need to find the torx head screws that hold the starter side on. If anyone is willing to part with some that would be awsome. I see bailey's has them but at a buck a piece plus the S/H charge it wouldnt be worth it. I am trying to get all the bolts to match otherwise I would just use the cap screws from the hardware store.

If you think a buck apiece is bad, last year I paid almost $4 for ONE of the long 6mm muffler bolts for an 066... I haven't found a cheaper source either so far. I'd be just as happy with regular cap screws too, but I'm like you and would rather have everything match, so it wouldn't be cost effective to switch an entire saw over instead of replacing a couple missing T27 bolts either.

When I first had the cad strike me I didn't have parts saws around the way I do now. I lost a spring from a walbro carb, the spring cost me around 1.50 but the shipping...8.00. That's when I started buying saws for parts and next thing you know...

................if anyone has a pile of extra torx head screws I'd be willing to pay shipping and maybe a little more.

Well you are being quite a sport there:dizzy: One of the most common of the torx heads (5mm x 20mm) is $0.50 dealer cost; the others are more.

Bill

The common sizes are available on ebay at about $.55 each in packs of ten I think it was. I order a few packs at a time to reduce shipping. Otherwise add them to a Baileys order with other stuff you need/want or bite the bullet and get them from a Stihl dealer.

Mr. HE:cool:

If its the older 10mm 044 then you need the torx with the tiny heads.... They have a diff recoil with smaller recesses

Well you are being quite a sport there:dizzy: One of the most common of the torx heads (5mm x 20mm) is $0.50 dealer cost; the others are more.

Bill

I'm not asking for the whole pile, I only wanted a few, I know when I have a whole bunch of extra bolts regardless of what they cost I dont mind sharing a few and it would save me the hour and a half trip back home to my dealer. I've seen people ask for and receive a lot more expensive and valuable things for no more than the shipping (whole saws) so I figured a few screws would be within reason

If your not more careful about asking for handouts people are gunna think your some kind of democrat. You need to try to convince people that you'll be helping em out to take the screws off their hands. Or maybe tell everbody its for the kiddos...only big meanies can turn down something to help out the chirrens. lol

News release:
Obama reveals new "Cash for Screws" plan. Promises it will be different than Clinton's plan of same name... Where in MN are you 1.5 hrs away from a Stihl dealer?

Well if I had any they would be on the way already...come on guys.

Same here. The guy's going to pay shipping and a bit more. I'm sure someone will chime in sooner or later. No sense waiting for Obama's plan. :D :D

I figured the 1.5 hour thing was round trip, not one way.

Well if I had any they would be on the way already...come on guys.
Yeah...me too. I was just teasing him a little. If I get by my Stihl shop in the next day or two I'll rob some from his old junkers and send em to him. Probably wont even have to rob em...I bet he keeps a pile of em in the shop somewhere

If your not more careful about asking for handouts people are gunna think your some kind of democrat. You need to try to convince people that you'll be helping em out to take the screws off their hands. Or maybe tell everbody its for the kiddos...only big meanies can turn down something to help out the chirrens. lol

Whenever there is handout...the republicans are at the head of the line...

I know this is a chainsaw site but I just have to say this...there are two types of republicans...those that lie,,,and those that are dumb enough to believe the lies..

Back