Stihl woodboss 28 brake and oiler problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then you probably need to do crank seals which are cheap as long as you don't have to do bearings if the flywheel or the clutch can be wiggled even the smallest bit you need to do bearings also. Its a fun project with the right tools it isn't bad to do. You could always bring the saw to a dealer and have the vaccum test the saw and that would let you know if you need to do crank seals. If you go to a dealer don't let them talk you into a new saw when you get this saw running it's great and there are plenty of parts online as you have probably seen

Do you have a small mom and pop chainsaw shop around you?? You could take it in and see if they could help you? I sure sounds like an air leak to me!

Yea like I've said I have the same saw and had the same problem and that's what it came down too was bad crank seals

I replaced one crank seal myself. Never had any luck with two of the local small engine businesses. The pressure check sounds like the best way. When running it at high speed it fluctuates. I cleaned the fuel filter once. The fuel line seemed ok, but maybe it needs new stuff. Already replaced the bar, chain, crank seal and $10 for mechanic that "guessed it was an air leak".

Well I'm getting a new saw found several rather cheap for the same price I could fix mine for I have the 028 super so if it comes down to it and you need a lot of spare parts I would be willing to separate from mine even know I love it mine is crank seals again and top end needs new piston havent pulled the cylinder to see if it was savable yet but would be willing to let go as a decent part saw other wise I'm in the process of cleaning it up before I decide 100% if I want to let it go if you would at all be interested p/m me other than that I would definitely take the saw and have it pressure/vacuum tested. Oh other than the top end the Carb could use a diaphragm kit all other internals are good

Latest posts

Back