Stihlmans Wood,Tree cutting ramblings...........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The little fella.

[video=youtube;F4ITrC_ybTE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4ITrC_ybTE[/video]

Looking at the bar shape and noise level, they probably will end up being a favourite with the suburban chainsaw carvers.
Nice and quite, and I bet heaps lighter than a 2 stroke saw the same size as well.
Do they have interchangeable batteries ?

Seems to cut alright as well mate
Cheers and thanks for sharing
Wayne:msp_thumbup:

Looking at the bar shape and noise level, they probably will end up being a favourite with the suburban chainsaw carvers.
Nice and quite, and I bet heaps lighter than a 2 stroke saw the same size as well.
Do they have interchangeable batteries ?

Seems to cut alright as well mate
Cheers and thanks for sharing
Wayne:msp_thumbup:

They do cut well but not as light as they look. The battery is basically half their weight.

Hi blokes
Im a happy chappy this will help a little bit with my work.:msp_biggrin:
Its a 10 x 5 with a Cap of 4.5 Ton if you use a 70mm ball i have a 50mm ball and its redged as 3.5 Ton Cap,4 x elec brakes.
See the swing out vice on the side to sharpen chains.:)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice trailer Andrew! I think the Falcon is going to have its work cut out for it or maybe you upgraded...

Who's set up is this Andrew. U have a super axe. Or do u have a Aussie chopper too.
Are they both good or one much better than the other. ?

The Aussie Chopper is Andrew's mate's setup.
I had a run of Andrew's Super Axe the other week. Not too bad but a bit gutless on some of the tougher stuff. They are a nice setup to use but Andrew's particular model would struggle on the harder stuff with twisted grain I reckon.

The Aussie Chopper is Andrew's mate's setup.
I had a run of Andrew's Super Axe the other week. Not too bad but a bit gutless on some of the tougher stuff. They are a nice setup to use but Andrew's particular model would struggle on the harder stuff with twisted grain I reckon.

Would u know if the chopper would be better in that instance ?

Would u know if the chopper would be better in that instance ?

I think it would be. I haven't seen the chopper in action but it has a good motor/pump and ram size. The Super Axe is a good setup, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't have enough grunt to cut across the grain on twisty stuff. In easy to split wood I reckon it's a bloody good setup. From what Andrew said it's the smallest model they made. With a few more HP, psi, and a bigger ram it would do really well but with the axe part being on a pivot point it would never be able to completely sever any twisty fibres. It does have a lot of good features though but just lacked a bit of grunt on some bits of Redgum.

Latest posts

Back