Stihl's Big Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Handsaw?
lsvader.gif

I love the smell of mixed gas in the morning...

I have an 088KD and an 088 that I did the muffler on. I use an 066 that is opened up in the tree (for taking off 30"+ branches). The power of the 088 is awesome but it does get heavy if you use it all day. I rarely use the larger saws for anything smaller than 24". Stuff that size you can cut up easily with a 60-70 cc saw.
My .02

What part of Ohio are you in jwoods?

Wanna race:D ?

Bet I can change your mind on the 066 being enough.

Next thing you know you'll be calling Gypo and then Ken Dunn.

There is no replacement for displacement when your having fun:p !

Seriously, If your close I'll let you run the 088KD and you can make your mind up yourself.

Hi Joe, Zander is right the 088 KD really makes those trees piss their roots. In fact, it sounds more like a Tasmanian Devil about to be nuetered.
John

Sorry, wrong picture, I dont like the Huskies, they are too slow, in fact, I once fell asleep while using one and woke up with a Mohawk.
John

Hey Xander!

I'm straight up s.r. 127 (Mt. Healthy exit I believe) Paulding County. 3rd county from Michigan. Man, I hear you guys put skyline in your saws. HAHA!

I ran Z4lunch's saw one time. It's okay, but as the photo's will show, it's actually his wife's saw. Wanna race? When I get my house built, I'd like to host a get-together.

I'm saving my allowance, and trying to get an 088, or 090 one of these days.

:p

Jwoods if you have a get together I will be there. I could tell you were in northern OH because the land in that pic is FLAT

-Huskyman, It's kinda hilly where I live. ;) Where's Clearwater?

Xander, I used to work in Blue Ash.

Son-of-b!tch Greg, that reminds me of last summer when I felled a black walnut, stuck it in a tree, felled another adjacent to it to knock the first down, stuck it also, and felled a third, a stuck it on top of them all. As the English say, I had a dicey bit of work climbing atop all three and cutting them loose. My heart was racing faster than then I was riding the Power Tower at the amusement park in the twin cities.

Tally Ho!

Latest posts

Back