Stripped head....helicoil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heat gun or small torch be ur friend in that case.
Yea I know. I was being flippant. Anyways, I decided to try a heli-coil a try after speaking to @srcarr52, a few other members on the Jred sub, and listening to a few videos by The Chainsaw Guy on YT all endorsing heli-coil. The reasoning @srcarr52 gave me is that a spark plug repair with an m10x1.0 is different than a helicoil repair of m14x1.25. To quote:
The reason why we use inserts instead of the wire helicoil on the M14 plug thread is the OD of the coil is close to or larger than the OD of the sealing gasket of the spark plug and it causes them not to seal properly. Because of the small pitch of the M10 plug this isn't a problem and it still leaves plenty of gasket to seal against the cylinder.

Has anyone used the 10mm x 1.0 helicoil or timesert on a 500i or any newer series saw yet ? torn between purchasing another timesert which ive had nothing but great results on all uses or the Helicoil which i have not had any luck with on 14mm spark plug apps
I've spoken to @srcarr52 regarding a 10x1mm helicoil spark plug repair, this is what he said:

A standard heli-coil actually works well for this thread as it's such a small pitch the outer diameter of the wire isn't larger than the sealing gasket.

Back