Stuff from China

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Are you guys able to get any crap from China these days?

I am asking because my e-bay sales are up over %200, and was curious if it was just from the lockdown, or coupled with folks not being able to get **** from China.

Yup my parts are coming from huztl farmtec. Only $9 shipping now. Wash your hands good with sanitizer and hot water. After handling our mail and money. I only use plastic now.

Yep I ordered one of those little China girls , they said she was on backorder lol

Go to TikTok Asian those Chinese girls are cuties. I need two book ends. Lol I got there by accident the other day. I hope we don’t nuke them all.

There are multiple factors. Cheap shipping from China took advantage of available space in passenger jet cargo holds - those flights have pretty much gone away, so it's now months instead of weeks for shipping time. Second, the USPS has basically been subsidizing China - post is supposed to work on a reciprocal basis. Shipping from China, the shipper pays China Post (which is subsidized by China, and charges squat), who delivers it to USPS, who delivers it free. What little revenue there is goes to China Post. It's supposed to balance and also work in the other direction, except there's not nearly as much stuff shipped the other way. But, that's going to change, soon. So, right now, shipping stuff from China in a reasonable time (weeks instead of months) is much more expensive than it used to be. And, that's unlikely to change since by the time airlines come back, international postal rate restructuring will be happening. $1 + free shipping stuff from China will be a thing of the past.

The Chinese prices on there saws are climbing. Watch there parts prices go up soon I’ll bet too.

I am asking because my e-bay sales are up over %200, and was curious if it was just from the lockdown, or coupled with folks not being able to get **** from China.
Look up thread " Two in a row from china" Posted by a.palmer Jr. wed @ 8:15 pm and you'll see my post and what just happened to me.

What's your Ebay store? I'd like to check it out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I would say it is a sign of the times . Most people are stuck at home so they are catching up on projects that have been on the back burner . I am sure that includes getting that old saw up and running . Importing parts from China isn't the coolest thing to do at this time.

th-3-jpg.823203
Express Post. Virus tossed in as bonus

Is this really a thread about accelerating the buying and selling of cheap chinese crap? I'm doing everything I can to never buy such crap again.

Am I alone in that endeavor here on Arboristsite?
No, forget that Chinese crap. went to buy a starter for the truck a couple day ago and nobody had one except one place and it was a chinese POS, i said nope i don't want that crap. order me a Denso.

No, forget that Chinese crap. went to buy a starter for the truck a couple day ago and nobody had one except one place and it was a chinese POS, i said nope i don't want that crap. order me a Denso.

We still have a couple of electric motor shops local. Problem is finding rebuild/internals that are not Chi-Com crap.

I have to do the distributor on my 9N tractor soon. I'm glad I have stash of old standard/blue streak stuff to put in it. It's had to even find a decent set of points. That tractor still has an original 80 year old genny and starter, but they have been refreshed a few times.

This virus hopefully has woke people up in that "Made in America" needs to be like it was in the 1950s

Latest posts

Back