stumper chip deflector

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsk

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just wondered what everyone has been using for a their stump grinder. I have made one from plwood with hinges but that is to heavy. Tried a wood frame with a tarp bolted to the frame. That got shredded by the wood chips. Is there a way to make a fairly light weight durable chip deflector im out of ideas at the moment. Thought of trying canvas but not sure how to make the out of and still be halfway light and still foldable.
jason

Modular Guard System : SherrillTree Tree Care Equipment

I use one of these. I put it in the danger zone between the grinder and windows, cars, anything of value. The rubberized screen steals the energy out of rocks and they fall to the ground. It also acts as a containment measure. Less yard to clean up. The welds suck. I am thinking about getting one made to the same size out of aluminum this winter. YMMV

Go to the search engine and type in " Secondary screening for stump grinding " many pages and suggestions on the available options.

Thanks tundra man i will look into it. GUess i typed in the wrong wording in the search option. searching for chip deflector didnt return anyting really.
jason

$300.00!!!! Holy Hannah, I want to make the money you do for stumpin'!

I use 3/8" plywood with mechanics wire for hinges. When you hit it with your grinding wheel, it ain't $300.00 to replace.

My local lows doesnt carl the materia; everyone says they are using so i guess im gonna build another plywood one with hinged also.
jason

Latest posts

Back