Stupid 090 question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkeywood

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Is the 090 still made anywhere in the world? I have no need at all for one. Just seems to me there should be one in the garage. Thanks.

I believe that you can buy one (made in China) in kit form from Baileys (site sponsor)

Not sure if this is an official Stihl product though?

Stihl says the 090 isn't made any more, but they do make the 070 in Germany. However, every now and then a few 090 seem to make it out of the German factory..

And the Chinese kit isn't an 090 or an 070 - just a rip-off copy, and will always be worth just that.

I dont believe they are made any more, they just dont comply with modern safety standards, well not in the developed world anyway.

Having said that, Stihl NZ has them in stock and you can actually buy a new one, but they are NOT cheap :mad: And yes they are genuine made in Germany ones ;)

Cheers

Ian

hey Andy, Is the Brazilian plant still manufacturing the 070? They were last time I heard anything, but our new rep speaks no evil, hears no evil, sees no evil.:dizzy:

No.. not in Brazil or a few years.. They have a tiny line (corner?) in Germany where the crank out a couple of dozen every day for SE Asia and a few other countries that don't care about the safety standards and emissons.

No.. not in Brazil or a few years.. They have a tiny line (corner?) in Germany where the crank out a couple of dozen every day for SE Asia and a few other countries that don't care about the safety standards and emissons.

Has anyone who doesn't care about safety and emissions ever been able to get one of these from SE asia or Australia or NZ into the US? Is it legal? Is it possible?

Latest posts

Back