Stupidest Repairs Ever Witnessed!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fish

Tree Freak
Reaction score
Ok, you saw techs, I know you have at least a few, let's hear them!

To start off, I had a guy once want his chain repaired, and he had been running it with a paperclip in place of a tiestrap....

I guess he ran out of paperclips.....

I have more, but I want one of yours.....

I once had a mower come in needing a new pull rope and handle, to get them by, they tied the rope around a "cheapie" plastic razor
knife.......

Will have to think on it but it burns me when guys stuff nails into roll pins when they lose the spring clip.

Guy handed me a wild thing last week and said "the drum is locked up....I can't figure it out!" I pulled the chain brake handle back and handed it to him.

Have a simplicity right now with a bad lower pto pulley. It separated from the shaft and the guy tried to clamp it back on with four washers and two bolts. Can't see why it didn't work.

Will have to think on it but it burns me when guys stuff nails into roll pins when they lose the spring clip.

Guy handed me a wild thing last week and said "the drum is locked up....I can't figure it out!" I pulled the chain brake handle back and handed it to him.

Yup, the shop I deal with gets about one of those a day.
Someone posted a pic of a saw on here with spun crank bearings. Someone stuffed the bearings back in with a healthy serving of JB weld. That was a doozey, lol.

Yup, the shop I deal with gets about one of those a day.
Someone posted a pic of a saw on here with spun crank bearings. Someone stuffed the bearings back in with a healthy serving of JB weld. That was a doozey, lol.

See, Knew I had to think on it...thanks for the reminder, that was my thread LOL

I dont know about the stupidest, but here is one that came in on a Poulan 25 that had me scratching my head.

See what happens when you give a redneck a grinder, drill and welder? :hmm3grin2orange:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Gentleman dropped off a mower several years ago saying the deck shook terrible. Pulled the deck flipped it over to find someone had welded extensions on the end of the blades. Apparently the blades had worn to the point they missed grass. It started to shake when one of them flew off.

A customer yesterday brought me his MTD lawn tractor towed
behind his car.

The front wheel bearings were melted........

I laugh cause I've seen it as well!

PS As if they need the aid of speed!

I was given a 5HP auger-style snowblower because they owner said the motor was toast and wouldn't start anymore so I could have it. I said thanks, I'll see what I can do.

Neutral switch wire was bad.

Needless to say, that thing really blows through some snow! :msp_tongue:

Many times I have had people bring me dirtbikes and atvs that said it ran for a minute or so, then won't start. They've replaced plug, put gas in it, etc... I show them where the fuel shutoff is, and away they go.

Last edited:
I work with a guy who thinks beating on the battery with a hammer will get a dead truck to start. Also the guy who was asking me about what might be wrong with his saw, when I asked him what it was doing he said "I can only get it to start with ether" I asked him if beating on it with a hammer helped.

I actually worked with a guy that sharpened both sides of a chian
without ever touching the adjustments on the grinder......

Latest posts

Back