Support Group: Owners of Abused chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nobody can kill a saw faster than an employee. I've seen chains run backwards, new bars smoked in less than an hour and chains that are so dull they can't cut through bark. I've seen guys trying to file chains from 5 different angles and directions. The worst of all is when the saw won't start. When in doubt run without the air cleaner. I'd fire someone if they did that to my saws.
Lots of truth to that.Coincidently as I type I have a Stihl 038 Mag setting on my work bench.

I got it from a very knowledgable tree man that got it from a friend.The saw essentialy was trashed in less than two months by a bunch of unknowlegable or uncaring tree service personel.

They rough housed the thing so badly they ruined most of the shock mounts and tore the carb boot which caused a lean run and cooked the piston. I can repair it,no problem but if it had been my saw those clowns would be seeking employment else where.

I might add that most of the saws I work on that are owned by tree services have been abused in one form or another by the help.Conversely most climbers personal saws are well taken care of.In other words the ground crews tear them up for the most part.

Home owner types are a mixed bag.Most don't even have a clue how to file a chain let alone service a saw.Ha,more often than not the filters are so clogged up they won't run much past an idle if they start at all.Usually just blow out the chips,tune the carb,file the chain.Pay old Al 25 bucks,go cut wood,see ya later,I'm sure.:hmm3grin2orange:

As stated by everyone else, if someone needs to use my saws.....my saws come with me as the operator for free, its a pretty good deal, LOL.

Sam

I do live on my own, you can really tell from the living room decorations:

2083112243_204a76d68f.jpg

but it suits me well.

Yep, you got rep for that :D .

Kevin

Back