Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
finally came in yestday,,the cheap china top end kit for a 55.

not to bad for $45 shipped !!

attachment.php

The cylinder has the most excellent quality on the outside.
the inside is fine,coating goes all the way to the top,and then some,,see side by decomp hole.
the edges of the ports arent perfect,,nothing a little ball stone on the grinder wont take ten seconds to make better.
ring pin is in center of intake so grinder comes out anyway :)

attachment.php

The cylinder has the most excellent quality on the outside.
the inside is fine,coating goes all the way to the top,and then some,,see side by decomp hole.
the edges of the ports arent perfect,,nothing a little ball stone on the grinder wont take ten seconds to make better.
ring pin is in center of intake so grinder comes out anyway :)

attachment.php

Get to grinding ! LOL

Get to grinding ! LOL

Been kinda slackin on saw projects latelly.
getting stuff done on house tho :)
stihl havent touched the oh56 super in awhile.
jim sent some parts for the 395 project,and Jerry did too,tho not here yet.
and many other projects needing work :(

finally came in yestday,,the cheap china top end kit for a 55.

not to bad for $45 shipped !!

attachment.php

I was pleasantly surprised to see how nice the kit I got for that 268 was. Everything lined up and it looked just as good on the ports as the oem. Time will tell how good the deal was. No complaints from me on the quality of it yet. I have a 359 on the bench that might get the same treatment, like I said last night, the Stihl projects get a little pricey for me. I still love my Stihls, I like how the pro style Stihls are put together for working on and all that good stuff, not very impressed with the non pro or the older ones for working on.

Been kinda slackin on saw projects latelly.
getting stuff done on house tho :)
stihl havent touched the oh56 super in awhile.
jim sent some parts for the 395 project,and Jerry did too,tho not here yet.
and many other projects needing work :(

House stuff is good isn't as much fun. LOL
I have been slacking on saws the last 2 days. Maybe today ?

Just got another project in today ! Sticker on the handle says MS660 , but no flippy caps? Poly flywheel too. Looks like it will clean up nice,P&C looks like I can save easy nuff. Very little transfer in the jug , new rings may be all it needs?

Just got another project in today ! Sticker on the handle says MS660 , but no flippy caps? Poly flywheel too. Looks like it will clean up nice,P&C looks like I can save easy nuff. Very little transfer in the jug , new rings may be all it needs?

You are making me want one of those pretty badly.

Latest posts

Back