Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well...I'm lounging around in the mid day heat.....if the sun was out I'd be basking.....thermometer has got clear up to -6F......wind is starting to blow.....getting darker......been very light snow since daylight......guess I better throw a bit more firewood in the cellar......shop was so darn cold that it would have taken all day to get the temp up with no solar gain....said to heck with it.....saws will wait...they always do.....

Hoss supposed to get his toenails done this afternoon at 4:00......dunno how any of us are going to feel about that.....

Yup,,i'm goin with the flow too..

did go out and reload the inside wood pile,,,,other than that ?? ,, not much to speak of .. :)

GOOD day for it too !!

Yup,,i'm goin with the flow too..

did go out and reload the inside wood pile,,,,other than that ?? ,, not much to speak of .. :)

GOOD day for it too !!

Yes it is........

I did go to the dump this morning.....then to Ellsworth to get a 50lb bag of dog food......and a new set of AMCO winter wiper blades for the truck......sent the OL to do that before Christmas.....told her 22" for the truck.....and she should measure and get a set for the Saab too.......I couldn't remember the length on those. So she came back with a set of 20" and a set of 22"........so when I put her studded snows on the Saab I changed the wiper blades too.....there went the 22s.....had 22s on it....she "Guessed".......even though I bought her her very own tape measure and a snow shovel too, before Christmas........both the Saab and the Chevy truck take 22s"........sigh......at least she uses the shovel.......

Made it out to the PO and sent a few packages off, not a lot going on today, never seen anyone working outside on any of the usual sights or projects, guess everone got an inside job today or they just not working..
I worked many winters outside and the company pushed us to work even through -20 merican , sometimes for two weeks or more at a streatch. The diesel gear always gave us the most trouble getting started so some insulated tarps and propane fired salamanders were kept at the ready to make starting easier. Most times we were too far out for electrical power other than the gensets.

Yes I see that on the national radar.........pretty durn green all the way to Fla.....I gotts the fans set up and trying to blow it to the SouthEast a tad so Dan and Jerry don't miss out on any of it...LOL!!

Maine and NB can have all my share, I am not greedy!!

NC is open carry friendly unless forbid by a town ordinance. Concealed you can go anywhere unless a no carry sticker is clearly displayed at the front door. I can even carry to a school loaded these days.. but I have to leave it in a vehicle and the vehicle locked if I exit. I can carry in a bar or establishment that serves alcohol, but I can not consume ANY while carrying. Seems pretty fair to me and far better than a lot of states. Just funny to see who does and doesn't allow what other state's license holders.

Showing 88F here,........inside,,.....a bit too much stove stoking going on,...hafta slack off a bit, even the cat is streatched out on his back sound asleep......LOL

I thot I was bad liking it 80 deg "F" inside !! LOL !!

i could go to the shop and turn the heat on,,gets really warm in there easy :)

Made it out to the PO and sent a few packages off, not a lot going on today, never seen anyone working outside on any of the usual sights or projects, guess everone got an inside job today or they just not working..
I worked many winters outside and the company pushed us to work even through -20 merican , sometimes for two weeks or more at a streatch. The diesel gear always gave us the most trouble getting started so some insulated tarps and propane fired salamanders were kept at the ready to make starting easier. Most times we were too far out for electrical power other than the gensets.

Yeah...diesel stuff just don't like it below zero.....plugging them in works good....had a diesel car hooked up to a timer set to come on at 4:00AM...she always started right up and ran great...quiet and didn't smoke...plus the heater was already warm. But if you are beyond electrical service other measures are required....my old GMC pickup had quik connects in the heater lines and we had an old Timberjack that had them too.....drive right up plug them together...leave the truck running......have a cup of coffee.....get your gear ready..saws, tools fuel, file etc....about half- three quarters of an hour and that worn out old 353 Detroit would start right up at -20.........you could tell where she was in the woods by the cloud of blue smoke....looked like a jack-fir brush fire......but she always went....

One of the funniest rigs I've seen...though it worked very well....was on a big 4WD Belarus tractor.......beside glow plugs it had a small "smudge pot" in the engine compartment which burnt K1 or diesel that you lit and it heated the bottom of the intake manifold......low tech.... but would do the trick if the batteries were up to snuff...

NC is open carry friendly unless forbid by a town ordinance. Concealed you can go anywhere unless a no carry sticker is clearly displayed at the front door. I can even carry to a school loaded these days.. but I have to leave it in a vehicle and the vehicle locked if I exit. I can carry in a bar or establishment that serves alcohol, but I can not consume ANY while carrying. Seems pretty fair to me and far better than a lot of states. Just funny to see who does and doesn't allow what other state's license holders.

In NH a city or town CANNOT be more restrictive than the state law,,same eveyplace here.

I like the way to preheat the 353. We have one that I've started with out any aid down to 16*F. If nothing else on this yard will start.. I'd put money on that roller. You'll hear it a mile off too.. straight exhaust but it's a warrior!

There is always a "hunting season" up here and I carry a sidearm during "hunting season". I find a loaded firearm strapped to your hip, in plain view, quite effective. Peeling back three layers of clothing to get at a concealed weapon is time consuming, especially in the colder months, which is every month except July.:)

Went out and shoveled off the little back porch step. Getting dam cold out there in the wind ! That is the only spot I shovel round here ! LOL Broom usually works , but hadn't swept it today,bout 3" is all. Small drifts in the driveway when I went out to meet the mail lady in my tennis shoes ! What a dumas move that was ! :confused:

Latest posts

Back