Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I could use that.........
Dibs if you wanna talk trade.
Jerry is Nadian.
It's a Merican thing.
Hey Jerry!!!! You get an email from Uncle Mongo???

Lol, I already have much larger recip saws made by Wright, just don`t use em much.
Will check the eMail thing again.

Yep that's the way the ones around here do it too.....any failure bigger than a pull cord or sparkplug and the saw is done.....brand new one is had...trees die....until that one joins it's brother.....new one had....trees die... A good old friend of mine has 3 skiddahs and a feller/buncher......generally plans on three to four brand new saws a year just for him.....not counting his help....has a barn full of junk saws...but gets weird if I ask about any of them...LOL!!

Must be the same attitude all over with them, non working saw is just junk to them, maybe rob a part or two off them but only if its a couple screws to remove/replace. They go through several saws a year. One guy working here on hurricane cleanup went through 3 Jonsered 60 cc saws in that year. He was about to toss one cause the throttle cable broke or came undone actually. Said to me ,can`t waste the time fixin it just get a new one outa the box of the crew cab. The crew cab had the back seats removed, turned into a jumble of tools, spare parts, saws clothing, rope, cable,cases of bar oil, chains,bars, spare and new chainsaws and most any thing he would need on any given day. He left the saw at the garage where I was tearing down the diesel in a pay loader, I took the handle/trigger and carb out and got the cable back in place, not a really big or bad job.

Must be the same attitude all over with them, non working saw is just junk to them, maybe rob a part or two off them but only if its a couple screws to remove/replace. They go through several saws a year. One guy working here on hurricane cleanup went through 3 Jonsered 60 cc saws in that year. He was about to toss one cause the throttle cable broke or came undone actually. Said to me ,can`t waste the time fixin it just get a new one outa the box of the crew cab. The crew cab had the back seats removed, turned into a jumble of tools, spare parts, saws clothing, rope, cable,cases of bar oil, chains,bars, spare and new chainsaws and most any thing he would need on any given day. He left the saw at the garage where I was tearing down the diesel in a pay loader, I took the handle/trigger and carb out and got the cable back in place, not a really big or bad job.

Yep......being a good saw hand doesn't automatically make one a good saw mechanic...the opposite is more often true...my X sawmill partner is a good case in point......good sawhand...great on a hitch in the woods...knew how to arrange assets in the woods get sawlogs and stuff moved around easily and efficiently to the landing/yard.....just about always drop a tree right on target......couldn't put a spakplug in a saw without crossthreading it.....and once crossthreaded he always felt the need to "teach it"...... like it was the saws fault.....I was always fixing more equipment/tools from the "lessons" administered than from the original problem.....always said he was born 100 years to late......and that would be part of the reason why he is an "EX" partner.....good boy... but not a good wrench and definitely not a good teacher....

Yep......being a good saw hand doesn't automatically make one a good saw mechanic...the opposite is more often true...my X sawmill partner is a good case in point......good sawhand...great on a hitch in the woods...knew how to arrange assets in the woods get sawlogs and stuff moved around easily and efficiently to the landing/yard.....just about always drop a tree right on target......couldn't put a spakplug in a saw without crossthreading it.....and once crossthreaded he always felt the need to "teach it"...... like it was the saws fault.....I was always fixing more equipment/tools from the "lessons" administered than from the original problem.....always said he was born 100 years to late......and that would be part of the reason why he is an "EX" partner.....good boy... but not a good wrench and definitely not a good teacher....

Not everyone was meant to turn wrenches, my dad was one. If he took something apart it would end up in a box or bucket still apart years later, he just wasn`t mechanical. He came from an era before mechanical was all that available but he knew the woods, sea and the land so well that he could survive without machines. Most of the rest of the family before me were the same way, left the mechanicals for me...LOL

Some dirty parts to get cleaned up,

recently%2Bupdated%2B343.jpg
recently%2Bupdated%2B344.jpg
recently%2Bupdated%2B345.jpg

[day down hereQUOTE="pioneerguy600, post: 5328569, member: 19757"]Saws getting some cleaning before getting torn down,

recently%2Bupdated%2B346.jpg
recently%2Bupdated%2B347.jpg
recently%2Bupdated%2B348.jpg
recently%2Bupdated%2B349.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Howdy Jerry, Robin!!
Had a great day down here!! Got a bunch of wood split with the Troybilt. Went from 8 this morning until 4:30 with a few breaks! Another good day and then can stack. Ended up with more wood than I thought. Then I can use the 026 and cut some more!! :laugh: Heard next winter maybe nearly as bad as this one!!! :dizzy:

[day down hereQUOTE="pioneerguy600, post: 5328569, member: 19757"]Saws getting some cleaning before getting torn down,

recently%2Bupdated%2B346.jpg
recently%2Bupdated%2B347.jpg
recently%2Bupdated%2B348.jpg
recently%2Bupdated%2B349.jpg
Howdy Jerry, Robin!!
Had a great day down here!! Got a bunch of wood split with the Troybilt. Went from 8 this morning until 4:30 with a few breaks! Another good day and then can stack. Ended up with more wood than I thought. Then I can use the 026 and cut some more!! :laugh: Heard next winter maybe nearly as bad as this one!!! :dizzy:[/QUOTE]

Hey Bobby, good to hear from you again. It was raining hard here for most of today, stopped for a couple of hours late this afternoon so I cleaned up a few saw parts. Getting ready for the next couple of builds, a 044 Artic and a Hybrid Artic just for the fun of it!

snow showers here yesterday and again today, 31 degrees here now. This stuff is getting boring!
Wow that is a nice 044 complete with heated handles! :bowdown:

Thanks, it will clean up good, I have a second 044 that is an Arctic as well, but needs a top end and plastics etc so I think I will build two Arctic models this time round, I have plenty of spare parts gathered up so shouldn`t be an issue.

The 044/046 Hybred is now the 044 MAX.
Cause I say so.
Back from page III

044 MAX is a very good label for them, the cylinder has had some serious port work, base cut and piston shaved with a pop up, may not last a long while but I don`t care. Rebuild it again any time,only takes a few minutes to change out.

Latest posts

Back