Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, sorry I must have fallen asleep, never again,I hope
Hey Chris !!!!!
How you like your splitter.
A friend is looking and asked my opinion.
The only one I ran was great if it started at all.
Most times it wasn't great.
Owner couldnt start it either. Lol

My friend will buy used. But wants input on options.

I love my splitter I bought it used many maybe 30 yrs ago. It's a Didier that was made in high numbers, sold under many different names, just a plain splitter. Nothing fancy at all only had a 5 hp motor that I replaced with a new Harbor Freight motor, really a good move. The splitter has a 2 stage pump, which I had never seen work till I put on the new motor, now it gets right down and growls in those big knots. It is only a 12 ton splitter but enough for any of the wood around here. I'm still looking for another one just to have, maybe take to the woods.

Shazzam !!!
Mighty Mouse cut wood :)

fa1bc5fi5XVwP3471qfrMNABuhD1EBaYQ7qyOmc7Iq4=w1223-h917-no

I love my splitter I bought it used many maybe 30 yrs ago. It's a Didier that was made in high numbers, sold under many different names, just a plain splitter. Nothing fancy at all only had a 5 hp motor that I replaced with a new Harbor Freight motor, really a good move. The splitter has a 2 stage pump, which I had never seen work till I put on the new motor, now it gets right down and growls in those big knots. It is only a 12 ton splitter but enough for any of the wood around here. I'm still looking for another one just to have, maybe take to the woods.

Thanks. It would seem to me 2 stage is the ONLY way to go. Lol

Page III...!!!! In the "doldrums" of summer here......calm, humid, cloudy and/or foggy every morning......burns off by afternoon and gets hot and sticky then the fog returns as the sun goes down.......do it all over the next day....

Wasn`t around yesterday, left at 6 am to make a run to Pugwash to pick up a boat, rework the trailer first , load the boat, haul it to Amherst to get the registration done and clean it up some, then a 3 hr trip back home. Too late getting back to post last evening.
Weather was good yesterday for the trip, clear but not bright sun, temp reasonable. Damp today from showers to heavy rain later today.

Wasn`t around yesterday, left at 6 am to make a run to Pugwash to pick up a boat, rework the trailer first , load the boat, haul it to Amherst to get the registration done and clean it up some, then a 3 hr trip back home. Too late getting back to post last evening.
Weather was good yesterday for the trip, clear but not bright sun, temp reasonable. Damp today from showers to heavy rain later today.
Heck. I just overslept.

Been gone for three days, Monday went to buy a new toilet set, ended up in emergency having 2 stents put in my aging by-pas arteries, been about 20 years since that deal, home now, gotta take it easy for 4 or5 days. Should be fine, night all.

Latest posts

Back