Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only ask for help when its too big for me to move, otherwise I will find a way to get er done myself. Real happy that roof job is over, now rest of summer will be more relaxed.

LOL well if you ever need a lift let me know. Im the same way for things I know how to do properly.

Have a victory beer! Slowly getting the 254 ready for reassembly. Almost have everything to complete

From everything I read about it, seems like it will.

Must have taken alot to say that LOL appreciated tho

It will be a fine saw, they were used/abused by a lot of pulp cutters in this province but for the firewood cutters they are a fine saw. The Husky saws in general took a lot of attention to keep them together, all the fasteners had a habit of backing out and getting lost. The mufflers were always falling off or just loosening up and the hot exhaust gasses melted the plastic parts around it, their chainbrakes were troublesome and clunky, the recoil housings were plastic and always had most of the air fins broke or missing. I ran them for production cutting and spent too much time keeping them in good running condition. Worked in a Husky dealership where these saws came back over and over with the same issues. My dolmars and Stihls did not have these issues so I just liked them better for everyday production cutting of either saw logs, pulp or lot clearing. Just good mix, clean the airfilter and keep the chains sharp, all I had to do to keep them working.

Ya I can see it based on the construction of everything. It is quite simple to work on as a plus. But will be interesting to see the difference between the two brands!

I'm no professional by any means. I love putting them together and doing the odd cut in the woods with a friend of mine. I'm way to anal to run my saws hard and put Em away wet LOL

Latest posts

Back