Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for putting up all the picts of the races Robin. Never been to them down your way, was some held in Lunenberg years back, never hear anything about them now.

Well.... the Stonington race is the only one I watch.......there are others up and down the coast......fun to watch but 10-12 years ago there were some real rivalries between glass boat builders......this made for some real fast times with race dedicated boats liked "The Red Baron" and the "Sopwith Camel, "Voop" and others....very light boats with big $$$$$$ motors the only one left is "Foolish Pleasure".......a real race boat......74mph official....82mph unofficial.......made one run this year but no one to... race against so packed it in early at Stonington......basically dragster motors but built to last not 8-12 seconds at red line but a minute or so.......

Well.... the Stonington race is the only one I watch.......there are others up and down the coast......fun to watch but 10-12 years ago there were some real rivalries between glass boat builders......this made for some real fast times with race dedicated boats liked "The Red Baron" and the "Sopwith Camel, "Voop" and others....very light boats with big $$$$$$ motors the only one left is "Foolish Pleasure".......a real race boat......74mph official....82mph unofficial.......made one run this year but no one to... race against so packed it in early at Stonington......basically dragster motors but built to last not 8-12 seconds at red line but a minute or so.......

Yeah, that business gets real spendy really quick. The engine lasts one run and its nearly melted at the one min mark. Go fast til then but a very quick death....LOL

Sure was, real nail biter here!!

Yes it was........I was married for one day out on the island and got a voice message from Ron..........said...."you really need to check out the tread".....received this at two AM......was down on dock , nekkid trying to get a signal on my cell.......and it was down hill from there........but it did end well!!!!

Yes it was........I was married for one day out on the island and got a voice message from Ron..........said...."you really need to check out the tread".....received this at two AM......was down on dock , nekkid trying to get a signal on my cell.......and it was down hill from there........but it did end well!!!!

Please,...no picts!!

Yeah, that business gets real spendy really quick. The engine lasts one run and its nearly melted at the one min mark. Go fast til then but a very quick death....LOL
Reminds me......!there's still a rebuilt straight 6 Ford engine up my father's barn. Best machinist this town ever had, "Chester" Knapp rebuilt it. Came out of my brother Philips and mine 38ft Jonesport. Been up there for years in the corner!!!

Reminds me......!there's still a rebuilt straight 6 Ford engine up my father's barn. Best machinist this town ever had, "Chester" Knapp rebuilt it. Came out of my brother Philips and mine 38ft Jonesport. Been up there for years in the corner!!!

300 six was/is a real long lived motor....slow turning and strong!!! Great for homemade woods tractors and lobster boats.....

The Ford 33 straight 6 and the GMC 292 were the most sought after engines for boats and other utility uses around here. My first truck, a 64 Chev extended box Longhorn camper special had that 292, with a 4 spd and posi traction. A real good truck to go in the woods with.

I's gots a rebuilt 300 ferd with 20thou km's on it back at the shop , just waiting .

I bought a totally rebuilt one that Nova Automotive did up. It was installed in a van but wouldn`t run right, was missing n backfiring, got it for $50. complete with the van.....LOL

Back