Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So.......I finally found the 2015 loster boat race pics.....many real fast boats but one stood out...."Wild Wild West"...a 28 footer with a zoomed up V-12 Isota (Italian 1050 hoss stock) diesel......she is in no way stock now....these pics show her running in her class. She would come down the 1 mile track smoking like she was afire and well back in the pack.......the thing to remember is that when a boat is way behind the conflicting wakes and prop wash is very debilitating and dangerous...real hard to power out of the back field without flipping..........we were mored about midway in the field.....first pic she is next to last...smoking like crazy.......second pic her turbos reach operating temp, she cleans up and gets underway, she's the little one in the middle, still some soot coming out of her.........LOL third pic...all the same boats are in the pic except her...LOL!!! Glenn came from next to last at the half mile mark to win in the last half mile.....smart diesel that...LOL!!!

View attachment 454458 View attachment 454459 View attachment 454460
She's gone!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sure take a pile of ponies to bring a lobstah boat up on plane LOL

Yes it does....but the latest generation of downeast boats are real flat aft, wide and plane well.....with 700-1000 Hosses...good for 40-50 mph...LOL!!

But in all fairness I always been partial to the Novi boats.....and that gray one in the fist pic.....two falls ago I was putting my boat in and saw her on sea trials....if you go back and look at the pic...the high island in the back ground is where I go......she went down that reach...perpendicular to the way she is in the pic.....I was getting going when I noticed this thing coming straight back up the bay with a bone in her teeth.....she was driving spray 75-100 feet either side of her stem...flat calm and she was looking bigger quickly......I don't know what she has for power but I never seen a novi fly like that before......

Thanks Lad.

'Welcome Unc....

Here's a couple more of a boat that needs mention too.....This is Shawn Alley's Calvin Beal built 32 foot "Little Girls"....a wooden boat with a real nasty V8 gas motor...she really flys...won the day for gas boats......nobody much to race with in her class...you see here running flat out...all alone.....running in the mid 50 mph range....

20150712_134418.jpg 20150712_134423.jpg

Yes it does....but the latest generation of downeast boats are real flat aft, wide and plane well.....with 700-1000 Hosses...good for 40-50 mph...LOL!!

But in all fairness I always been partial to the Novi boats.....and that gray one in the fist pic.....two falls ago I was putting my boat in and saw her on sea trials....if you go back and look at the pic...the high island in the back ground is where I go......she went down that reach...perpendicular to the way she is in the pic.....I was getting going when I noticed this thing coming straight back up the bay with a bone in her teeth.....she was driving spray 75-100 feet either side of her stem...flat calm and she was looking bigger quickly......I don't know what she has for power but I never seen a novi fly like that before......
Novi's my favorite too Robin!!! Thanks a lot for all the great Pics!! Made my morning!! Brings back a lot a memories!!!

Novi's my favorite too Robin!!! Thanks a lot for all the great Pics!! Made my morning!! Brings back a lot a memories!!!
Most of all the great characters gone now that used to lobster out here!! Lobsters all fished up anyway!! Smart ones moved up your way in the 60's and 70's! Few left like Nicky Holmes. Leslie "Hawkeye" Stiles, and the Nazi, Seth Oehme. His brother Curt moved to Sandwich years ago, but quit lobstering some time ago.

Back