Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fd2b6c8ec6bad14d5ba21090a6dd6965.jpg

Sun out bright here this morning, tad cool but will likely warm up some after the sun is up a bit higher. Had strong wind gusts earlier but it has calmed right down now.

Same here...nice day...pretty coolish....stihl real breezy here though....supposed to be a dandy week with warming into the 70s by late week.

Was looking through some old pics.......ran across our last bike trip up around Cape Breton....2002......damn nice up there.....I miss it....The old '59 Tin Top loves the Cabot Trail......especially since we left all our traveling gear and tour pak back at the hotel.....she was feeling frisky....

First Batch 062.jpg First Batch 063.jpg First Batch 064.jpg First Batch 073.jpg Yellow Cello 2.jpg

Thanks John......1959 Pan Head... one of 151 FLH "King of the Road" models made that year......she had just turned 100,000 miles that year and got treated a NOS speedo when she did.......probably reading around 3500 in that pic. I don't have many pics of it that are digitized.....most be old 35mm......never was much of a picha takah anyway.

Bought that bike the year after I bough my first 49SP......I'm the second owner.......still got 'em both...both in great shape....both been rebuilt.....the bike more times than the saw...LOL!!! Had a lot more fun on the bike.....ladies always liked it quite well.....

Real nice picts Robin, I don`t remember ever taking picts of my trips over the trail since I got a digital camera, made lotsa trips back in the 70`s and 80`s, last trip on a bike was 85, been back twice with the cars but nothing new took my eye or interest, seen it so many times guess I don`t notice much now. Rode the cable lifts up and down Smokey a few times, real nice view from up there.

Real nice picts Robin, I don`t remember ever taking picts of my trips over the trail since I got a digital camera, made lotsa trips back in the 70`s and 80`s, last trip on a bike was 85, been back twice with the cars but nothing new took my eye or interest, seen it so many times guess I don`t notice much now. Rode the cable lifts up and down Smokey a few times, real nice view from up there.

My first trip around the Cabot Trail was 1980......this trip was 2002.....came over to Yarmouth on the "Ol" Blue Nose the first time and rode back....drank a pile of Schooners in the ships bar...6-7 hr cruise.....2002 did the same thing but on the CAT....didn't get to drink anywhere as many .....2 1/2 hr trip....Boy the roads were a lot better in '80!!!! Especially heading up by you.....what is that trail that goes up the east side.....Sunrise Trail??? Maybe?? That was rougher than hell in 2002....

My first trip around the Cabot Trail was 1980......this trip was 2002.....came over to Yarmouth on the "Ol" Blue Nose the first time and rode back....drank a pile of Schooners in the ships bar...6-7 hr cruise.....2002 did the same thing but on the CAT....didn't get to drink anywhere as many .....2 1/2 hr trip....Boy the roads were a lot better in '80!!!! Especially heading up by you.....what is that trail that goes up the east side.....Sunrise Trail??? Maybe?? That was rougher than hell in 2002....

Sunrise trail is on the North shore of NS. Lighthouse route on the Eastern shore of NS. Did you mean on the Island or mainland?

Sunrise trail is on the North shore of NS. Lighthouse route on the Eastern shore of NS. Did you mean on the Island or mainland?

Must be the Lighthouse route......goes along the coast from Dartmouth northeast then cuts over to Antigonish......on the mainland....

Must be the Lighthouse route......goes along the coast from Dartmouth northeast then cuts over to Antigonish......on the mainland....

Yup, that`s our eastern shore facing the open Atlantic, lots of important lighthouses along that side of the province. Not so important any more since other navigation devices have taken over, much hoopla each time one of them come up for demolition or redundancy. The #7 highway that winds along the coast is most often referred to as the, Marine Drive, the pavement takes a lot of beating from the elements so it depends on how long its been down/paved, older it gets the rougher it is.

Latest posts

Back