Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to clean up all the parts first before putting this one back together, its been sitting for a couple years now in pieces, he didn`t clean the saw before disassembly so it will be clean now. Then I can determine if anything is missing, I have tons of spares if there is a missing piece.
Realized today lost one of those star bolts out of Mighty Mouses muffler! LOL

I must remember to pull the front off the muffler on the latest 026 I built, I want to see the wash pattern on top of the piston and also check for any wear marks. I used the worst piston and cylinder I had on hand for this experiment and was very surprised/happy it turned out this well, all the JB Weld is still holding at least on the exterior of the cylinder, hope its still in place on the inside. Running 17,000 RPM it likely should have given up by now....LOL

Realized today lost one of those star bolts out of Mighty Mouses muffler! LOL

Whaaaaaat??????? I read somewhere that those NEVAH...EVAH....EVAH fall out of a Steel Saw......EVAH....now where did I read that???......hmmm.....LOL!!!

Though I've never seen it happen, the possibility of the inside bolts coming loose on those I've always found a very scary design feature.....I guess no worse than the baffle on the old 266 falling apart and taking out the piston and main bearings on an otherwise strong running saw....**** happens.....I read that somewhere too......

Guess I am one of the lucky ones, never ever had a screw come loose on a Stihl. Always a possibility as has been said, **** happens. Those serrated shoulder Stihl type screws usually take a good bite and hold well. Mufflers are one area where the cyclic heating ,expanding, cooling and shrinking of two dissimilar metals meeting in a heavily vibrating area allowing the screws to loosen ever so little until the screw shoulders no longer contacts the material they are torqued down upon. Vibration soon backs them out once loose. The Husky hollow muffler design was more problematic with the bolts passing completely through the hollow can that collapsed with heat and vibration. Due diligence on keeping the muffler screws and bolts tight is the only guarantee they will stay in place.

Stihl to the top page 2 rescue bump !

_yBjaSswoj4zUdRgG97IXtP178lXvcST8CCFgnNw_LvHUvrusmdLygVuq4SW022MDkY8n1cdwelV1xGpnbfQHCByJv4MYWgg5jz2jJp3Fd-lBx0MaPR7N5E87AiELyPULK3xppIrAS5FR9zbv4o6mdE9hD2r282Prdb8z7Ly7ZbTnVMhjNfqvCwbPeIfespdASGabxZHbTeD_zpIxOhVttfWhrGjEf5uI0iiGWj2y_iiW76K15fV6DamAgqwdx3NnWV6sq7IGf6W-exfRU5i-duf0fDguoLv6nfSwp-AE6SjRnPqz9kxCZOM7yGkGlojzPDV0eBDX_0zJsIu4S8MTe64feuh5sJtMqm0NmWMTvpKdJeeAXnKoiveaHTAcWN-hIPlmzivt7lK_F9r3uYN5JjY4QeU8yeGfleTicwgbQBemeBygGJVxvQMvIHbBVFidYjvqpVO_0M5rxVB1KO2K4zXZJRd-JHBqFP07OMNvP5sPX1fbMfCZprkm03fhBli4TFpKrRb2WBD37g9ZKib9rTueKHEBA0BjXqxB8BkPJxaq8RCgp1xXNflNcys-vwaIC7FHDZWk1euXvPQA0zamtbCyouoEREz6uvdz0VEA8PR0SmCKUn3g8dfTW18xR4XXi-plbmtjLMl6RcaUlLaUtv6da1sSHhs4KRpRmm6PgA=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

Weathers gotten a lot better down here last few days....although wind really picked up this afternoon and high clouds moved in. But the sun has felt great! Got some wood split too!

The weather is finally coming around to be more spring like here also, most of the ice and snow has melted away, the bigger lakes are now ice free but the smaller ponds are still locked up. The sun is slowly melting them open, sunshine feels very welcome.

Copper Mine for the save!!! Page II

Few pics of the mine itself. First is looking across the bay/river at my mountain.......my house is on the left side just below the tree line in the foreground...not far as the stihl flys but about a 45 minute drive by car....really nice morning yesterday.....

Trenton finish 002.JPG Trenton finish 015.JPG Trenton 025.JPG Trenton 022.JPG Trenton 024.JPG Trenton 034.JPG

Back