Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Page 2 bumpity bump to the top with a JonnyReds ax all cleaned up with a new coat of tung , turps and linseed oil .

_ZpppvQWRDYk9AwXlAqbAz7FDYlWmsbP3qOeeeLnN4gRlWU3L5wRmQN9DWTcv64GN5TQ8Vxtb-HMpq5FWTY7OANr4MhzOq25gjbrKrp9JB33J21vjiFKjiL90Ak5LX78edFVjgYhzN3lKthWIlfkKlvk8tVVx10QBfV-Ep-gzt7I-A4C4OpBsIgXkRQ45WMbV-6NnhB0DT5icbgVUsNQ_Q6XHj_yuIgIkrfLPIUrjvnTwx5Nlp-8zJP4WsiZqeF5QOlJhH75GGCMglImLExCv5AMvutcD3ZLpi1urZPx5NqsDPeGW2RWoYP0vbKJGZds-JMYr-QWroklsJtezHndWr8G5LBl6RMwouPV3squP3Rpfqa7_vi3mUIz9kj_TpHxpT2C0xUI8cfocrLsq-z32UVPtnLRA_RXmC0AcSfx5KhpLt8rJnYKZnj-Qs-OEztWjy_EkuO8nuITtj8aGfQnlk834AxFbRR_DACXU_GRPWwCFg966RQ2c1X7eiuoosPzRYMRlSjTF867eboZOGAfAzbLsyFTA1g7viiJmbVyFXZFIDsXmvtMhibroBwuZ5BEqvL1keWwaOLeY0-h7JhpTR1D96v6iU6NsnOWoVa9Zfiz2MnNWx779pyVAd57KBTdsq_cABX-JgRt1eATxLhB6SV9fyqAG_RW66TVkXDSwRA=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

Got another 026 coming my way, I fixed up a guys saw for him a month or so past, he paid me and then mentioned he had taken one apart but couldn`t figure what was wrong with it, then forgot how to put it back together. Told me when he found it again that I could have it for parts, well he found it and its on the way to me. Will see what kind of shape its in, may make a good runner.

Got another 026 coming my way, I fixed up a guys saw for him a month or so past, he paid me and then mentioned he had taken one apart but couldn`t figure what was wrong with it, then forgot how to put it back together. Told me when he found it again that I could have it for parts, well he found it and its on the way to me. Will see what kind of shape its in, may make a good runner.
Im going to have to ride up one day and cut with one of these little beasts. As I started collecting saws I wanted huge. I have now grown to really enjoy a sharp chain and small saw. Just as much wood at the end of the day and not near as tired.

That is why I/we like them, we have plenty of big saws but rather cut with a saw that is liter and gets the job done but it depends on the size of the wood needing to be cut. I don`t want to be cutting trees in the 20" and over with a 026, stuff around 16" and under is prime for them.

That is why I/we like them, we have plenty of big saws but rather cut with a saw that is liter and gets the job done but it depends on the size of the wood needing to be cut. I don`t want to be cutting trees in the 20" and over with a 026, stuff around 16" and under is prime for them.
Exactly my thoughts. First saw i built was 70cc. I thought it was the ticket. Did not take long to realize 24" bar is no place in the top of a tree.

It couldn't be in better hands!
Was over Ferraras' Junk Yard yesterday over in Carver(cranberry country used to log in years ago...great big white pines) getting a really nice load of white and red oak. Was using my Dolkita and hit a rock. (Logs were dragged up near entrance from clearing more space for junk cars.) Pulled out "Mighty Mouse" and was able to get a fine load of Primo wood. That amazing little saw went thru 11/2 year old oak 16"s across like it was my Ported 268! Guys at the yard couldn't believe it....and these guys grew up in the woods!!! Had taken your advice and sharpened the chain. Amazing though......what a saw!!!

Meteors were nice but I liked the Lincolns
, especially the 49 - 50 Cosmopolitan Coupe.

This Meteor is fast!! Just checked the tracking #......'sposed to arrive on tomorrow's mail.....but be here today instead.....have that old 266 up and running this afternoon..Woot!

It couldn't be in better hands!
Was over Ferraras' Junk Yard yesterday over in Carver(cranberry country used to log in years ago...great big white pines) getting a really nice load of white and red oak. Was using my Dolkita and hit a rock. (Logs were dragged up near entrance from clearing more space for junk cars.) Pulled out "Mighty Mouse" and was able to get a fine load of Primo wood. That amazing little saw went thru 11/2 year old oak 16"s across like it was my Ported 268! Guys at the yard couldn't believe it....and these guys grew up in the woods!!! Had taken your advice and sharpened the chain. Amazing though......what a saw!!!

Just like chev small blocks, take a licking and keep on ticking, they took to being modified just like the 026 does.

Im going to have to ride up one day and cut with one of these little beasts. As I started collecting saws I wanted huge. I have now grown to really enjoy a sharp chain and small saw. Just as much wood at the end of the day and not near as tired.
You got it Jimmy!! I'm finally smarting up a little in my older age. LOL

The meteor cam in today, mid-day......had the old 266 running by 4PM......for some reason there is a lot of aluminum shavings on the shop floor around the assembly bench......nothing serious just helping the flow a tad.......ran good......spooled up quick.....a lot left there.....

I am going to clean up all the parts first before putting this one back together, its been sitting for a couple years now in pieces, he didn`t clean the saw before disassembly so it will be clean now. Then I can determine if anything is missing, I have tons of spares if there is a missing piece.

The meteor cam in today, mid-day......had the old 266 running by 4PM......for some reason there is a lot of aluminum shavings on the shop floor around the assembly bench......nothing serious just helping the flow a tad.......ran good......spooled up quick.....a lot left there.....

The 266 was a good saw in its time, heck I even owned one but it wasn`t the right fit for me. My cutting buddy,Doug worshiped them and with my help acquired a herd of em. Darn fine working and running saws if one could keep them together without screws n bolts falling out. I have run Stihls since 1990, more hours than most on them and not one loose or lost screw. Only one breakdown in the woods ever when a plastic caged flywheel bearing lost its cage on a new MS440, that saw was only 3 months old and we were cutting off 500 acres that winter. Stihl would not warranty that bearing and the shop said 2 - 3 weeks for them to do it, I bought the bearing and gaskets and changed it that very evening.

Back