Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happen to find any good places for parts ?

every now and then a parts saw shows up on the bay. or, even less often, one of my buds will gift me some parts. one of those, when-you-see-it-get-it-situations. looking for a good starter pulley now; helped an AS member with one, then the saw i gave my SIL decided it needed one. all my pulley parts are suddenly gone. seems like the shaft has wobbled the hole out some so the pull rope doesn't want to go home. still thinkin bout how to redneck that to keep it from gettin cattywompus

every now and then a parts saw shows up on the bay. or, even less often, one of my buds will gift me some parts. one of those, when-you-see-it-get-it-situations. looking for a good starter pulley now; helped an AS member with one, then the saw i gave my SIL decided it needed one. all my pulley parts are suddenly gone. seems like the shaft has wobbled the hole out some so the pull rope doesn't want to go home. still thinkin bout how to redneck that to keep it from gettin cattywompus

Could you put some kind of bushing in there ?

Before I got the shot yestday two more free saws dropped off.

craftsman is a 3.7...

attachment.php

Attachments

• MVC-311F.JPG
    MVC-311F.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 26
Why cant I ever find one of those homelite 150s?
For some reason I really want one for my homelite collection....

Why cant I ever find one of those homelite 150s?
For some reason I really want one for my homelite collection....

they will show up.

eventually people will start dropping of old saws to give them a good home.

Morning fellas. Sitting in front of Sawnee EMC. Gotta install some equipment on a truck and meet with a customer.

Drove from NC and I'm still an hour early....

they will show up.

eventually people will start dropping of old saws to give them a good home.

I have never even seen a 150 for sale here before....
Dont seem to be too many top handles here?
Only seen a few poulan micros, one eager beaver ($30, broken...) and two homelite xl2s...

Hopefully this tree service job will be able to get me some wood for bowl turning.

Hopefully I can get myself some Oak, maple, fruit wood, ect?

I made some bowels out of Box Elder . Not sure you have that up there ? Very purdy wood and nice to turn !

Fruit wood turns real nice, but is a pain to dry.

I did one out of maple burl a while back, that was a real nice one!

My favourites were some I did from plum crotch wood, with a wet sanded oil finish.
When the picture thing works for me again, I will put up a pic of one.

My favourites were some I did from plum crotch wood, with a wet sanded oil finish.
When the picture thing works for me again, I will put up a pic of one.

I left mine plain wood. LOL Didn't want to spoil the color. I should put some mineral oil on them.

Anything burl is nice ! Can be a little tricky to turn. Chunks like to come out ! I have one I did , no idea what the wood is ?
Its a canker off the side of a tree. They make some of the best !!

Nice knife handles too !

Latest posts

Back