Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
" Extreme cold will be with us tonight into Saturday morning when the mercury bottoms out in the 30s below zero north and teens and 20s below zero for many other parts of NH! "

daum,,,,,,,,,,a tad on the chiily sid eh ??

" Extreme cold will be with us tonight into Saturday morning when the mercury bottoms out in the 30s below zero north and teens and 20s below zero for many other parts of NH! "

daum,,,,,,,,,,a tad on the chiily sid eh ??
**** that sucks ! Gonna be like that here next week ! OL says I need a new battery fer muh truck now ! Didn't wanna start this morning. Guess I will be doing that in the next day or two.

Don't know how cold its gonna be tonight , haven't looked ? Not sure I wanna know ?

i had the furnace set at 70 last night.

woodstove full and furnace stihl came on a couple times !!

thats OK this cold,blows the heat around a bit..

in the back bathroom i keep the closet door behind the shower open and the door on vanity ope,,dont want nuthin to freeze up !!

never have but they say we may set record low tonight :(

enjoyed my day inside today,,exept for time in the seat of the plow truck !!

Won't work on a 5000 , no place to screw the top cover down. Dang it !
John that is a good looking top end.......a little grinding and should make a 55 into a real saw......first thing I thought when I saw it was, that would fit the 590/490......I have a beat closed port 55 cyl and compared it to a 590 cyl...exact same thing...numbers and all........you can drill and tap for the top cover screw...I would think......how much you paying for one of these......I might have to fund a project and use up a bunch of this 55 stuff someone sent me!!!! This opens up a bunch of possibilities....

Jerry, that sort of old school engine building is exactly what I am wanting to get into!

Once I have got a truck, and some more money saved up, I might try and find a project car...

Seen some 318 dodge darts around for not too much?

Not the hottest engine stock, but from the reading I have done, you can squease 400hp out of them for a reasonably low cost.

Saw a build doing exactly that in hotrod magazine where he got 408 hp for a total cost (including machining) of under $1500....

Mind you, that did involve a lot of porting work on the heads....

Jerry, that sort of old school engine building is exactly what I am wanting to get into!

Once I have got a truck, and some more money saved up, I might try and find a project car...

Seen some 318 dodge darts around for not too much?

Not the hottest engine stock, but from the reading I have done, you can squease 400hp out of them for a reasonably low cost.

Saw a build doing exactly that in hotrod magazine where he got 408 hp for a total cost (including machining) of under $1500....

Mind you, that did involve a lot of porting work on the heads....
BuT why squeeze 400 out of that when I've got over 300 all day long dead stock in a 6.0 gas? If I build it it will be a 408 stroker and if it doesn't pull 600hp I'll be pissed. That's a mild build truck motor for pulling. You can buy a 5.3 or 6.0 for peanuts in a wrecking yard all day long.

Sent from my MiniMac running E-85!!

That top end was a little under 150.00 from the weedeater guy,on sale right now.

Digging again today , found I have 2 of them 55 Huskys ? LOL I am fixing one up , gonna be some leftovers I am sure !
I have no idea where I got them from ? Knew I had one , but not 2 ? LOL
To bad I already got a jug for mine , I would get one of them Meteor kits !

Evening Folks! Was in the bullseye area for most snow last night and this morn! Close to 2ft out there and drifts to 4ft. Spent all day blowin' it with my 35 year old Ariens snowblower, then shoveling. Was cold at -18 WC! But got a lot done! Luckily didn't loose power! 60 mph winds made it 5th worse storm in Jan. on record! The cold made it rough going! Stay warm folks!

Back