Suspenders-

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(Now what kind of braces are they wearing?)

Philbert[/QUOTE]

Those are suspenders that a lot of fallers wear. They have D rings riveted on the front of them so it makes it easy and slick to attach keyback/s to them. They keep your log crayon and pencil handy and out of the way when you're not using them.

My ol man gave me a pair of suspenders when I was 14 and I've been wearin em ever since. It was a "pride" thing with him on top of function. A man wearin suspenders means he works hard, "a hard workin man doesn't have time to be pullin his pants up all darn day." My dad was a riggin slinger. The farther I get into my forestry career the more I love them. Especially up here with all the rain, because when you head into the woods your pants weigh close to nothin, but when you come out--they're heavy! I'm no logger, heck, I'm not even considered a forester yet, but you won't find me without my bucked off riggers and spenders on, whether x or y back, just as long as they're button. To each man his own I guess!
Ironic about the preacher, too. The forester for the next city over from mine is a preacher too! haha

I lose ####. All the time. So this works for me. Can't really see it, but there's a carb screwdriver stuffed in there too.

Okay, time to get out these damn work clothes - Sam

View attachment 192766

(Now what kind of braces are they wearing?)

Philbert

Those are suspenders that a lot of fallers wear. They have D rings riveted on the front of them so it makes it easy and slick to attach keyback/s to them. They keep your log crayon and pencil handy and out of the way when you're not using them.[/QUOTE]

Okay; somebody help me out here. What does this keyback thingy look like?, a pencil holder ? I only cut wood for personal use, and my knowledge of logger terminology is rather vague.

Those are suspenders that a lot of fallers wear. They have D rings riveted on the front of them so it makes it easy and slick to attach keyback/s to them. They keep your log crayon and pencil handy and out of the way when you're not using them.

Okay; somebody help me out here. What does this keyback thingy look like?, a pencil holder ? I only cut wood for personal use, and my knowledge of logger terminology is rather vague.[/QUOTE]

Without looking I believe they are in both the Bailey, and Madsen's catalogs.

Okay; somebody help me out here. What does this keyback thingy look like?, a pencil holder ? I only cut wood for personal use, and my knowledge of logger terminology is rather vague.[/QUOTE]

Key Retractors, Key Bak, Steel Chain, Industrial Chain, Heavy Duty Key Rings - Keybak.com - Key-Bak

belts hold your pants up and pants hold your belt up, who's the real hero? with cspenders there aint no question who the real hero is, and your pants stay up, and they have slack adjusters on them. you can wedge extra beers in your cspenders whilst hangin out round a fire drinkin beers. i always have my buck 135 knife on my left spender strap handle facing towards my belly button, real handy place. another thing i love about cspenders- when i piss i always undo the button and the zipper, with a belt when you do that your pants fall down if you dont do something about it, with spenders, my pants stay right there and i can walk around pissing my name in the snow or piss out a fire or whatever, skys the limit. if its a hot day you can work all day with your fly and button undone and get a nice breeze if you so choose. you can get all the ladies with cspenders too when you pull them out and smack em against your chest, the chicks dig it. if you have clip on spenders and are in a high place and need to pass something down lower you can use your spenders. you can use them to sling things too if you want. with a wedge pouch, spencer tape, and an ax holster, a belt dont stand a prayer holding your pants up all day. bottom line, cspenders is good an belts isnt

So which of you cutters are sporting ##### pads?

I'm all about 'em. Couple shredded shirts and sweaters was all it took for me to bite the bullet and start wearin' the pad. Pretty sure I've been spared the indignity of near-beheading scars at least a time or two as well. 'Course, I'm just a lowly tree nerd.

So which of you cutters are sporting ##### pads? Personally they get on my nerves..

Me. I wear the custom super deluxe job-rated personally fitted expensive California Coast model. I made it out of an old piece of living room carpet.

Want one?

Edit...I just looked out in the garage and there's still some carpet left. The dogs have been sleeping on it and the cat had a couple of litters of kittens on it and it's a little damp and moldy around the edges and it doesn't smell too good...but I'll be glad to send you some.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back