Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
super EZ

Yikes. Those are still available as aftermarket from a few sources, and also NOS on feebay. Both will set you back quite a bit. I picked up a nice S E-Z recently. No spark, and a blue coil. I have a crunched parts saw that'll give it's blue coil to the cause. Hopefully, that will do the trick. If not, I'm going to swap on a points coil and an 'atom' type module. These later S E-Z saws don't have the points cam on the crank snout, so you can't swap 'em over to a full points setup without swapping cranks....

Thanks for the info, I bought two of these saws but got screwed on the other, I paid for it but never received it via eBay. Filed claim. So no parts saw now. Kinda wish it was points saw and like you said, NOVA!!!
$70.00 is a little steep for a coil for a 30 year old saw that I like but not that much. $70.00 buy two new Husky coils!!

Duane

034 powerhead for trade (or sale)

I have an 034 PHO I would like to trade for a decent modern 50cc saw like an 026 or similar.

This saw runs and cuts wood well, but it does not always idle right, and Im sick of messing with it. It has an 036 spacer and muffler, the clutch cover is gone as is the rim washer and eclip. Piston is in good shape.

The tank handle has a broken piece under the rear handle, and there is a chip missing from the cylinder cover as shown in the pics.

View attachment 212045
View attachment 212046
View attachment 212047
View attachment 212048
View attachment 212049

I have an 034 PHO I would like to trade for a decent modern 50cc saw like an 026 or similar.

This saw runs and cuts wood well, but it does not always idle right, and Im sick of messing with it. It has an 036 spacer and muffler, the clutch cover is gone as is the rim washer and eclip. Piston is in good shape.

The tank handle has a broken piece under the rear handle, and there is a chip missing from the cylinder cover as shown in the pics.

View attachment 212045
View attachment 212046
View attachment 212047
View attachment 212048
View attachment 212049

I'm interested.....thoughts on this?
It will clean up nice.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks for the info, I bought two of these saws but got screwed on the other, I paid for it but never received it via eBay. Filed claim. So no parts saw now. Kinda wish it was points saw and like you said, NOVA!!!
$70.00 is a little steep for a coil for a 30 year old saw that I like but not that much. $70.00 buy two new Husky coils!!

Duane

Keep trying for a parts saw. They're around. Either you'll score a points saw for its coil, coil bracket, and possibly the flywheel............or you'll score another blue coil donor. They're on feebay all the time, and several members here have a bunch of parts saws under the bench. Check with saw shops in your area too. They may have a parts saw or three in their boneyard.

Keep trying for a parts saw. They're around. Either you'll score a points saw for its coil, coil bracket, and possibly the flywheel............or you'll score another blue coil donor. They're on feebay all the time, and several members here have a bunch of parts saws under the bench. Check with saw shops in your area too. They may have a parts saw or three in their boneyard.

I'd be looking for a points saw to start with. I'm sure it been mentioned that the cranks are different between a points saw and a electronic saw.

066 Flat Top

Does anybody have a nice flat-top cover for a non-decomp 066?
If not, does anybody have a metal 066 tag and rivets?

I have 026/260 parts and a few others and some green to trade.

Thanks!

BBB:rock:

Thanks!

I think I have one you might be interested in Alex. Its in decent shape, but a little dirty. Ill PM you a picture in a bit.

Thanks!

I wouldn't mind finding one of those cylinder covers too. Not sure why, but I've seen quite a few Nondecomp 066 saws that have them cracked.

The one I have is a nondecomp 066 Mag Flat top. That thing has some nasty compression, but it sure runs well.

I do have a New Dolmar 7900 all black cylinder cover to trade, or some Stihl NOS stuff for older saws.

Throttle cable for Mac 310

Buddy asked me to fix his Mac 310. The only thing wrong with it (so far) is the throttle cable housing is broken. Anyone have a good Mac 310 throttle cable? I have turtle shells and folding green to trade.

I might as well throw this out there...

Anybody have a need for a New Full Wrap Aluminum handle for a Dolmar 7900? It even has the extra screw for mounting.

I've had it a while thinking I'd eventually get a Dolmar, but I don't think it's going to happen any time soon.

Mac titan 57

I'm still looking for a titan 57, rear handle/fuel tank to help out a friend. I thought I had a line on one but I've been waiting literally 3+ months and still no tank. So any help is would be great.

Anybody have a need for a New Full Wrap Aluminum handle for a Dolmar 7900? It even has the extra screw for mounting.

I've had it a while thinking I'd eventually get a Dolmar, but I don't think it's going to happen any time soon.

Hey, I'd love your all black cover and that wrap handle. What do you need for it? Anything your interested in trading?

PM sent.

Aaron, dont hold me to it but I parted a couple of those out and I think you would have to use a points flywheel on them as well as the coil. I think the timing was different on them.

Aaron, dont hold me to it but I parted a couple of those out and I think you would have to use a points flywheel on them as well as the coil. I think the timing was different on them.

You may well be right Mark. I think I have a points flywheel stashed away along with a points coil. Do you know if the coil mounting is different for a points saw than a blue coil saw? I'll be trying out the blue coil from the crunched parts saw next weekend. Hopefully it'll work and I can move on to another project....

Put me in line behind Will. Pm incoming.

You may well be right Mark. I think I have a points flywheel stashed away along with a points coil. Do you know if the coil mounting is different for a points saw than a blue coil saw? I'll be trying out the blue coil from the crunched parts saw next weekend. Hopefully it'll work and I can move on to another project....

I'm not sure and can't rembember if the coil mounts are different or not on them. I know they were on the SuperXL that I switched over.

The point coil and Nova module is the way to go though as those blue coils were bad news. I think I have a 150 coil still here if it will work for someone now that I think about it.

I'd be looking for a points saw to start with. I'm sure it been mentioned that the cranks are different between a points saw and a electronic saw.

Yikes. Those are still available as aftermarket from a few sources, and also NOS on feebay. Both will set you back quite a bit. I picked up a nice S E-Z recently. No spark, and a blue coil. I have a crunched parts saw that'll give it's blue coil to the cause. Hopefully, that will do the trick. If not, I'm going to swap on a points coil and an 'atom' type module. These later S E-Z saws don't have the points cam on the crank snout, so you can't swap 'em over to a full points setup without swapping cranks...

Yep. I mentioned it earlier Randy. I think you were the one that first broke the news (about the different cranks) to me when I first discovered that the blue coil in my saw was bad...

I'm not sure and can't rembember if the coil mounts are different or not on them. I know they were on the SuperXL that I switched over.

The point coil and Nova module is the way to go though as those blue coils were bad news. I think I have a 150 coil still here if it will work for someone now that I think about it.

I remember your posts about the XL12/SXL saws a year or two ago. I can't remember if the S E-Z saws are the same way (regarding the coil mounting). I'll have to investigate further. I have a points saw I can examine for differences. Now you've given me a reason to look at a 150 IPL. Gotta stomach looking at that monstrosity long enough to determine if the coil is the same as what was used on the S E-Z. I agree that the points coil/Nova module is probably the best long term fix. Those blue coils seem to be as reliable as a candle in a windstorm. All of my running SXL/XL-12 saws are points saws. I have two parts blue coil saws. One has already donated its blue coil to someone here who successfuly used it in a Pioneer Farmsaw. He told me the markings and numbers on the two coils (SXL and dead Farmsaw coils) were identical.

Latest posts

Back