Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having awful trouble with this restoration. Got a NOS rear handle to replace the cracked one but cannot find a starter handle anywhere. It is just impossible repairing these old clunkers. And the decal on the clutch cover is torn. I think I'm gonna send this one to landfill.

100_4296.jpg

100_4297.jpg

Al.

Unless I already gave it away, I have an original poulan branded 5500 starter handle kicking around somewhere in the shop. Ill see if I can find it...

If anyone can help out with a starter cover for a Husqvarna 394xp or 395xp please PM. I have all of the hardware just need the cover.

Thanks in advance,
MP5N

ive got a brand new 395 cover,no hardware for 30 bucks plush shipping

Jeremey and Neal, thanks for the offers of the Dolly starter handle but I am thinking I might use a screwdriver or a 3/8" coach bolt like lots of the saws I repair.:laugh: But seriously, you guys really brighten my life, thank you.
And to stay on topic, anyone got a spare screwdriver?

And if I appear slow, dimwitted and nonresponsive, please forgive me as dealing with persistant server errors every time I try to post gets thin. Being 12,000 miles away doesn't actually help either.

Al.

Last edited:
I started a thread in the OTF just for all the guys that still have a sense of humor......

In other news........

I really need a case gasket for a Husky 2100.

I would gladly pay worthless green paper, or....I could have my friend Arrowhead Ed mount you in exchange. :msp_wink:

chain trade? - low on cash flow

Wifes student loans came due and we are poor for a while but I need 3/8 .058 chain at the moment...

058 is pretty uncommon around here but all my 6401 bars are 058 3/8 now. I do have access to a breaker and spinner to resize or splice pieces into loops. I also have a few decent size chunks of new 73lg 058 3/8 from my dealer (remanants of 100ft reels). If anyone has the same then maybe I could splice a couple loops together for myself. I do have access to a grinder to so I can sharpen if need be.

I have good used 3/8 050 chains i could trade. I have some new 18in loops of Oregon 3/8 050 full chisel too. I have some small mount stihl bars with chains 12-14in... I have other parts laying about but need to sort out what I have that can go...

I started a thread in the OTF just for all the guys that still have a sense of humor......

In other news........

I really need a case gasket for a Husky 2100.

I would gladly pay worthless green paper, or....I could have my friend Arrowhead Ed mount you in exchange. :msp_wink:

I could send you a whole case. I used to keep a xl2 in it but if you heated it up some you could probably remold it to fit the 2100. The gasket appears to be in good shape. :D

Plus a bottle opener at each end.

Jeremey and Neal, thanks for the offers of the Dolly starter handle but I am thinking I might use a screwdriver or a 3/8" coach bolt like lots of the saws I repair.:laugh: But seriously, you guys really brighten my life, thank you.
And to stay on topic, anyone got a spare screwdriver?

And if I appear slow, dimwitted and nonresponsive, please forgive me as dealing with persistant server errors every time I try to post gets thin. Being 12,000 miles away doesn't actually help either.

Al.

Man that's a lot of bacon. :msp_scared:

Worthless rep traded to these fellas for a "good laugh".

Latest posts

Back