Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah- the 254, 257, and 261/262 carbs are all different. They're all in the Walbro HDA series but the 261/262 carbs have the biggest bores and venturis along with the biggest main jets so they flow the most fuel. The 257 carb is sort of an in-between carb and can make an ok running 261/262 if that's all you have. The 254 carb has the smallest bore and venturi.

JJ- thanks for the info...good to know.

anyone have a cheat-sheet for what carbs fit what saws? can one manufacturer's carb be swapped with the throttle shafts of another to work in a different saw? (IE: doesn't the poulan family saws use the HDA's and can one be used with just changing the linkages? :dunno: ) I'm a bit green on carb swaps, etc..

Yeah- the 254, 257, and 261/262 carbs are all different. They're all in the Walbro HDA series but the 261/262 carbs have the biggest bores and venturis along with the biggest main jets so they flow the most fuel. The 257 carb is sort of an in-between carb and can make an ok running 261/262 if that's all you have. The 254 carb has the smallest bore and venturi.

You are correct sir. The Walbro HDA-87 is the largest venturi at 16.66 mm venturi. The HDA 120, found on the 257 and according to some, the 261 is the next smallest at 15.08 mm. And the HDA 107 found on the 254 is a tiny 13.49 mm.

Im seeking the big-un. Actually, 2 of them. :)

I hope I'm right about the models, maybe I can find you something interesting

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Looking to trade any of the saws in my sig for large frame Mac saws.

Let me know what you got.

Pictures upon request.

Chris

Any saw in your sig for a large-frame Mac???

I'll trade you my 'standard' McCulloch 250 or a McCulloch 300 for that McCulloch 650 of yours. I've already seen the pics...:jester:

I even have a choke-type Tillotson HL to put on it. You can keep the 1-43 carb!

Well it was worth a try. To bad you don't drink. I could take advantage of your impaired judgement after drinkin' a buncha booze...:cheers:

I have an 064 in a box. It definitely needs a piston, I spent a few minutes on the jug and think it will clean up fine. It was apart when I got and I have not checked the seals and bearings. I believe all the parts are present, I will try to verify the completeness tonight. Anybody need such a thing?

Some pics and how much?

A really long shot for sure but.........................

I'm hoping to find a full wrap handle and a clutch cover with chain brake for a Husqvarna 2101

Looking to trade any of the saws in my sig for large frame Mac saws.

Let me know what you got.

Pictures upon request.

Chris

hmm....too bad that 2101 is now missing from your sig :cry: :bang:

A really long shot for sure but.........................

I'm hoping to find a full wrap handle and a clutch cover with chain brake for a Husqvarna 2101

OH!! THERE it is... :laugh:

Randy, check your pm's :cheers: ;)

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Any saw in your sig for a large-frame Mac???

I'll trade you my 'standard' McCulloch 250 or a McCulloch 300 for that McCulloch 650 of yours. I've already seen the pics...:jester:

I even have a choke-type Tillotson HL to put on it. You can keep the 1-43 carb!

Well it was worth a try. To bad you don't drink. I could take advantage of your impaired judgement after drinkin' a buncha booze...:cheers:

With some of these saws I've been hauling I'd sure bet you'd like to wheel and deal with me when I was tuned up!

Aaron, The Chainsaw Manipulator, eh?

:laugh:

I wouldn't want to short change you Aaron, I feel like you'd be getting the small end of the stick and we both know that you don't need any gear drives when you have the small end. Those direct drives will do just fine.

:msp_smile:

Chris

With some of these saws I've been hauling I'd sure bet you'd like to wheel and deal with me when I was tuned up!

Aaron, The Chainsaw Manipulator, eh?

:laugh:

I wouldn't want to short change you Aaron, I feel like you'd be getting the small end of the stick and we both know that you don't need any gear drives when you have the small end. Those direct drives will do just fine.

:msp_smile:

Chris

Wait a minute............what was that about having a small stick?????:dizzy:

Back