Swedish People Only!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He is only taking answers from the Swede. Your experience doesn't matter unless you are Swedish, cutting Swedish trees in Sweden with a Swedish made clearing saw.

This is really pretty amusing.

The Swedes are always on top of things. There is one in particular that has never been wrong. At least in his warped mind that is.

Bill

I did a little research on the internet and I like the Husky better. Haha, the saw doesn't have to be cuttin Swedish trees in Sweden! I certainly wont be doing that with the saw anytime soon. On a more serious not, I apologize for having offended you. I don't doubt you have plenty experience, but there are others that have told me the Husky is a superior saw.

I have a number of these clearing saws out in the field now with the forestry crews, they use them for clearing fire lines and thinning smaller trees in the forest. Some prefer the 345 series while others prefer the 335 (now a 336), and guess what these replaced? STIHLS These crews use them and abuse them, now into the 3rd year & no problems yet! Just normal wear & tear parts.

Well I am American and I must say one of the things us Americans are good at is doing more production with less time and effort. In which I might reccomend you getting the clearing saw attachment for a Bobcat skid stear if you have a lot to clear. If not the Stihl 480 is a good choice:cool2:

I ain't offended, and I hope my bugging you isn't pissing you off too bad as I'm just having fun.

I have a Swedish fetish too so I'll stop bugging ya, but mine isn't about clearing saws :)

Hahaha! I don't think your Swedish fetish would be a very good topic in the chainsaw forum! :laugh:

Don't worry, I'm not PO'd. I was just worried I might have been upsetting you. I think I'm back to looking at Stihl as a choice again, cause others have argued in favor of the 480/550, but then again others keep putting Stihl down and say Husky is better (and visa versa). I'm surprised I havenet heard anything about Jonsered here, cause I was told they also make really good clearing saws as well.

Hahaha! I don't think your Swedish fetish would be a very good topic in the chainsaw forum! :laugh:

Don't worry, I'm not PO'd. I was just worried I might have been upsetting you. I think I'm back to looking at Stihl as a choice again, cause others have argued in favor of the 480/550, but then again others keep putting Stihl down and say Husky is better (and visa versa). I'm surprised I havenet heard anything about Jonsered here, cause I was told they also make really good clearing saws as well.

J'Red Is the better looking Huskee .

You getting any of that Dexter $$$ ?

I am hearing it through the grapevine that yes we are.......Thats what kept us going for the last 3 months of last season and it looks like it will continue for at least the first couple months of this year until a new mill owner is in place. The pulp and paper industry is not doing so well here as well as the rest of NA.

You have to get past the brand loving BS. For saws, Husky and Stihl are both good in many models. It gets a lot easier to narrow down in other product categories though. Stihl seems to have better stuff in certain categories, like clearing saws. The guys that run this equipment in North America are giving you a resounding consensus.

Jonsered is a Husqvarna brand. They are the same stuff in different colour.

You have to get past the brand loving BS. For saws, Husky and Stihl are both good in many models. It gets a lot easier to narrow down in other product categories though. Stihl seems to have better stuff in certain categories, like clearing saws. The guys that run this equipment in North America are giving you a resounding consensus.

Jonsered is a Husqvarna brand. They are the same stuff in different colour.

Of course no brand is superior, otherwise it would just be a monopoly. I prefer stihl over husqvarna for chainsaws and some other equipment, and echo for leaf blowers and edgers. But people have argued for both stihl and husky for the clearing saw choice, so I would not necessarily jump to conclusions and say stihl is better.

Is it really true that Jonsered and Husqvarna are the same except the color? It seems in that case everyone would choose Jonsered, because it is better looking (there is no uglier combination of colors than Huskies orange body and puke green gas cap :laugh:)

I know this is an old thread, but does the Stihl FS480-550 have a thumb-operated throttle or a trigger?

Latest posts

Back