Swivelling Chipper?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RosscOZ

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have had a Vermeer 1250 for too long to remember, I am considering getting a bigger machine, just wondering if any one knows if there are any chippers on the market with the swivelling chassis like the 1250 had, as it is so handy for getting in to tight spots.
Thanks for any help.

Most european machines have a turntable feature enableing them to be fed from any direction, but very few US chippers do.

The axle swiveled on the 1250 - would let you steer it as you backed it. The 1250 was a really wide machine - very cumbersom (sic??)

It is fairly wide, but being able to turn it more than makes up for that in many situations. What brands of Chipper do the Europeans make?

It is fairly wide, but being able to turn it more than makes up for that in many situations. What brands of Chipper do the Europeans make?

Schliesing, Jensen, Timberwolf, Pezzolato, Gandini, Jenz, Bruks-Klockner, Erjo, jo-beau, greenmech, Landforce, Starchl, JBM, Vandeale, Doppstat, Ruddnick & Enners....
would you like me to go on?:)

The Bandit Chipper/chipbox combo has a swiveling turntable.
You could fill your chip truck, and then fill the box on the chipper. Greatly increase your capacity.

Im trying to get a NZ company to put a swivel bed on one of the models they sell. I wouldnt buy a chipper that couldnt swivel, saves me hours of messing around or manhandling the chipper every week.

Back