Tach Uses

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sparks per revolution, or revolutions per spark..

1 spark/rev
2 sparks/rev
2 revs per spark

will cover just about anything you'll meet

http://www.amickssuperstore.com/DTI_2_Cycle_Two_Stroke_Tachometer_Fast_Tach_p/dti fast-tach.htm

You can change this from 1 rev per spark or 2 revs per spark. There is another setting, which I cant remember. I ended up getting this tach, I like it. The only thing that bothers me about it is turning it on. I really have to press hard on the 'ON' and I think its starting to jumble up my screen already (I havent even had it for two weeks now). Anyone else having this problem? Anyways, there are many pro's to it, it records highest RPM, updates very quickly and is very easy to use.

If you have a Fluke 88, you can use that.

I've had a fluke 77 for close to 20 years now and love it. I would strongly consider an 88 just for the addition of a tach and whatever else it has that is new and spiffy. I guess you need the little attachment that clicks around the spark plug wire?

I've had a fluke 77 for close to 20 years now and love it. I would strongly consider an 88 just for the addition of a tach and whatever else it has that is new and spiffy. I guess you need the little attachment that clicks around the spark plug wire?
Yes correct, its really big though, may need to find a smaller one. I made it work, but its really hard to clip onto the plug wire/boot. My Fluke 88 came with all the little toys.

Now I'm curious: I have a flukes 77, 87, 88. Never even thought about using as a tach. What setting are you using, curious about this probe adapter. Need to look at catalog now.....Info would be helpful, Bruce.

Now I'm curious: I have a flukes 77, 87, 88. Never even thought about using as a tach. What setting are you using, curious about this probe adapter. Need to look at catalog now.....Info would be helpful, Bruce.
The instructions will tell you how. Usually uses Tach2 or may need to use either ac or dc, can't remember, I'll check later.

http://www.amickssuperstore.com/DTI_2_Cycle_Two_Stroke_Tachometer_Fast_Tach_p/dti fast-tach.htm

You can change this from 1 rev per spark or 2 revs per spark. There is another setting, which I cant remember. I ended up getting this tach, I like it. The only thing that bothers me about it is turning it on. I really have to press hard on the 'ON' and I think its starting to jumble up my screen already (I havent even had it for two weeks now). Anyone else having this problem? Anyways, there are many pro's to it, it records highest RPM, updates very quickly and is very easy to use.

Yep mine does it as well but even worse i have to take the back off and short the battery to get it to work now!
They are sending me the next model up as a replacement:)

Yes correct, its really big though, may need to find a smaller one. I made it work, but its really hard to clip onto the plug wire/boot. My Fluke 88 came with all the little toys.

Doesn't the fluke have a long 3 sec. refresh rate? Search old threads about tach refresh rate. The guys are not happy with even 1.5 sec updates. A .5 sec refresh rate seems more suitable for saws.

Maybe on a "Trabi," an East German 2 stroke car from the divided era.........

Holy Mackerel...a Trabi (Trabant)! East German engineering at it's best! I remember watching 3 guys work on one in Poland....no need for jacks they just rolled it on it's side and then rolled it upright when they were done. Hundreds were abandoned in the west Berlin after the reunification. I seem to remember something about the plastic body panels being difficult to recycle.

Thanks for the flashback.

Latest posts

Back