Tach

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MS460WOODCHUCK

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
What tach is everyone using? Maybe show me a link where to get one and the price?

DTI Fast-Tach. About $100 with shipping - more than I wanted to spend, but the rpm display updates instantaneously. If it helps extend the life of a few engines, it's probably worth it, plus it's a cool gadget to have if you're into chainsaws!

DTI Tech Tach (TT-20K)

Great tach. Easy battery change too.

Here's a post from a few years ago...

WOW!!! This thing works great. $93.00 shipped and almost instantaneous reading. My dealer was impressed. Just get the tach within 8 inches of the top of the cover to get a reading.

I did call Design Technology, Inc. before ordering. They told me the this tach reads a little quicker (Under 1/2 second update time) than the Commercial Tiny Tach. It is not as small but still very convenient.

attachment.php

I also have the tech tach, it is wireless also, had it about two years, works great on everything I have. I like the max rpm button readout b/c it updates so fast you may not actually catch the max rpm with your eye.

DTI Tech Tach (TT-20K)

Great tach. Easy battery change too.

Here's a post from a few years ago...

Thats what I have. When it breaks I will have another. A bit bigger, but ive left it outside in the winter, dropped it and pretty much abused it and it still works fantastic, with a real fast refresh rate. Has a max RPM recall too. I love it.

I had my Stihl dealer order me an EDT-7. If memory serves I payed around $140 four years ago, but I live in Sweden so that's probably not a relevant price for you. It was actually really hard finding a suitable one at all, and after purchasing two cheaper ones that didn't do it's job I thought I get The Real McCoy and be done with it. I'm still happy with that decision.

The Work's Connection tachos $35 i've got 2 of them MCW & SLAM have them as well :msp_thumbsup: have a look in 660 stock to big bore conversion about 2nd post 7th picture

Back