TCIA Hartford?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i might be up for one if I decide to go. Haven't decided to either just do it as a day trip or run down friday and stay over night. I'll get back to you and let you know what I plan on doing by tomorrow.

I'll be goin' down to the trade show on Saturday, but the hours are only from 9a.m until 3p.m., so I will probably be in the expo center the whole time.

had a great time!

even though I had a massive hangover.............:cheers: :help:

Thanks to American Arborists of Andover CT. and the entire Byam family for being such great hosts!

great show

What a great show. It was a great chance to try on dozens of saddles and try out lots of new gear all in one place.

What a great show. It was a great chance to try on dozens of saddles and try out lots of new gear all in one place.

Jim Dunlap brought his Treeflex to the rec climb. I was really impressed with the low profile and light weight. Bob did you get to try one out at the show?

I only have a few photos from the rec climb. OTG's pulsating hangover was visible even from up in the tree.

TCIA rec climb

Sean cakewalking up a phat white pine
1987255214_e9024f6bb1.jpg

Ted and Jim Dunlap up in the same pine
1986550225_be19561eda.jpg

And my proudest moment of the climb, descending out of the pine with 4 inches of tail left below the hitch when I landed tiptoes on the ground. Definitely something you don't do on a night climb.
1986573473_b88f8117a1.jpg

-moss

Last edited:
Hey Moss,

I didn't get a chance to try the TreeFlex. From this picture of the saddle it looks pretty comfortable. I was thinking of getting a saddle with a bosun's seat but after trying out two or three brands in small and medium sizes, I realized that I like the leg loop type saddles (like my New Tribe) much better.

ShelterTree had two new saddles that weren't for sale yet. One from Austria and another they just got in Saturday morning from the UK. Both were very comfortable, light weight and about half the price of the Strasser designed saddle.

Bob

I came away with a great deal of knowledge never climbed with or even really watched anyone climb like this before. OTG set me up with a great self tending system. My arms and hands are not sore after some extra hip thrusting the last two days. I am def. looking forward to coming to a Boston rec. climb Great people great tips/techniques .

Thank you all Tom

I'm glad it worked out for you man!:clap:

Andrew is pretty hardcore and will probably be putting something together soon. Personally when its cold out side, I like to be in front of the fire:givebeer:

Latest posts

Back