Tell us about your weather

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup. Now that hunt'n is done for the year and surf conditions say no fishing. We'll drive up in there this afternoon and look things over. Then get with the new BLM guy and get the paper work done. There seems to always be a new guy working this area. Did anything jump out at ya, or look good while you was up there?

Owl
so kevin is not there ? was easy to work with. nothin special, same ol alder and maple , . but there is some thinning coming up on goosekneck up rowell creek for your fir mixins .

When I called last week I would have to deal with a guy named Dave. I know one of the Dave's there and worked with him in the past, good guy. I hope they were wrong and Kevin is still there, good guy also. We had an idea going about a unit up there, that's not marked. He wanted someone who isn't going to kill themselves in that spot. He was real understanding last season. Didn't make it up this afternoon, we'll be up there tomorrow though. Saw a while back some guy has been up there, backing up with no face. Must have been scary, hopefully anyway. Good time checking out stumps. Haven't been up that high, but word around town is someone sport cut a whopper up on the
Weyerhaeuser side, past the gate somewhere.

Damn it's a cold mother out there tonight, mercury says 14. Just busted the tanks again one last time before climbing in the fart sack. Moisture is coming so that should make a fun drive in the morning.

Owl

When I called last week I would have to deal with a guy named Dave. I know one of the Dave's there and worked with him in the past, good guy. I hope they were wrong and Kevin is still there, good guy also. We had an idea going about a unit up there, that's not marked. He wanted someone who isn't going to kill themselves in that spot. He was real understanding last season. Didn't make it up this afternoon, we'll be up there tomorrow though. Saw a while back some guy has been up there, backing up with no face. Must have been scary, hopefully anyway. Good time checking out stumps. Haven't been up that high, but word around town is someone sport cut a whopper up on the
Weyerhaeuser side, past the gate somewhere.

Damn it's a cold mother out there tonight, mercury says 14. Just busted the tanks again one last time before climbing in the fart sack. Moisture is coming so that should make a fun drive in the morning.

Owl
yup some scary stumps up there, there are some spots yes that most should walk from. wonder if it was the one i saw down shumway. some one pulled the old rr iron gate at the top.

! "DAMN" !! minus 9 this am with a wind chill of -25 degs. ... "BABY" it's cold outside! the danged hot water line froze at a corner under the house with a hole in the foundation the size of a dime (old cable entrance)..... we need snow!

We're in Humboldt this week. A little rain, a little sun, a little more rain, a little fog, a little more rain, some sun....lows in the forties, highs in the fifties.. I wish I'd moved back here ten years ago.
The thermometer says 29 outside. 52 inside. I don't heat the house at night. The stove is chock full of Doug-fir and blazing away.

Coffee ready?

We're in Humboldt this week. A little rain, a little sun, a little more rain, a little fog, a little more rain, some sun....lows in the forties, highs in the fifties.. I wish I'd moved back here ten years ago.

Coffee ready?

You slept in and totally missed it. Coffee making equipment is getting washed in the dishwasher. No brew for you!

Now to get motivated for a walk. There are some clouds this morning.

21 here right now. Even with the sun blazing away it still just looks cold. A decent breeze ain't helping. Came in to give my hands a break, they get to hurt'n when it gets cold. Still using slowp's orange gloves though, they help when I do things I can wear gloves for.

Found and fixed the hole in the fence. Headed out this morning and the cows were on the wrong side of the gate. Darn it I had to use one of them vacation days, if you don't use you loose.

I need a project, beside fire wood. I miss something to tinker with and on.

Owl

Bob, looks like Stone and Big Lagoon could breach soon, got some big tides later this week, Big is chock full, Stone looked higher than the ocean. That big ass Bull Elk is still hanging out near Lost Man.

Bob, looks like Stone and Big Lagoon could breach soon, got some big tides later this week, Big is chock full, Stone looked higher than the ocean. That big ass Bull Elk is still hanging out near Lost Man.

Good deal. We went out to the south jetty about daylight and watched the crabbers coming back in. I'll call Botchie in the morning and see what he's got.

21 here right now. Even with the sun blazing away it still just looks cold. A decent breeze ain't helping. Came in to give my hands a break, they get to hurt'n when it gets cold. Still using slowp's orange gloves though, they help when I do things I can wear gloves for.

Found and fixed the hole in the fence. Headed out this morning and the cows were on the wrong side of the gate. Darn it I had to use one of them vacation days, if you don't use you loose.

I need a project, beside fire wood. I miss something to tinker with and on.

Owl
still have that homie for ya. tinker with that.

Good deal. We went out to the south jetty about daylight and watched the crabbers coming back in. I'll call Botchie in the morning and see what he's got.
That is where my Dad bought Crab, drive by and look for the flag. I used to watch them cross the bar, sometimes you can see most of the keel. CC doesn't have a bar, but it gets bouncy making the turn into the bay. They play tag team there when it is rough, boat goes through and waits to see if the next makes it, the CG sometimes sits off there. We have the Dorado now, the Cape Carter went South to the junkyard, the Dorado is a better boat for our waters.

That is where my Dad bought Crab, drive by and look for the flag. I used to watch them cross the bar, sometimes you can see most of the keel. CC doesn't have a bar, but it gets bouncy making the turn into the bay. They play tag team there when it is rough, boat goes through and waits to see if the next makes it, the CG sometimes sits off there. We have the Dorado now, the Cape Carter went South to the junkyard, the Dorado is a better boat for our waters.

The bar was calm this morning so we didn't see any boat acrobatics. I used to work on my uncle's boat when I was kid and we had a few wild rides getting out and then trying to get back in. Sometimes we couldn't get back in and just bucked offshore a ways until things calmed down.

Latest posts

Back