Tell us about your weather

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait. Both you old coots are in the same general area of the world? Tell me this isn't true. This may call for dragging the boat that direction. Just to see who can keep from puking the longest. You guys takers? Don't know Ca regs but we could just wing it.

Pac, I keep forgetting about that old Homie. That would be something to tinker with. I need a reason to fire up the stove in the shop. Gonna get the boy's car out of there before to long. Need to make room for something to do down there.

Tree, you got it. It settles in the knuckles and just plain ole hurts, I usually give in when my fingers don't want to work anymore. Like they don't want to bend, forget about picking up a thin dime, I have trouble picking up a sugar pine cone.

Freezing rain is here. A nice crust on everything. It's warming up though, so shouldn't be to bad by morning.

Owl

Wait. Both you old coots are in the same general area of the world? Tell me this isn't true. This may call for dragging the boat that direction. Just to see who can keep from puking the longest. You guys takers? Don't know Ca regs but we could just wing it.

Owl

Yup, kinda sorta in the same part of the world. Actually I'm only here about half the time. The other half I'm still in the Sierras. We should be all moved and the Grass Valley place sold by June. We're not rushing. I have some work to do over there next spring...a couple of small sales... but when I finish those I'll be all done.
They way things are going over there I'd like to get out before the whole area burns down around me.

I might take you up on that boat ride but I can travel to where you are or meet you half way. By next salmon season I should have a boat of my own.

Use sea water if you can. Not that rancid bay water junk, real ocean water. Just the right amount of salt. Looks like some good times there. Color's good, curled up tight in the boil. Hard, full crab?

What the heck is a blue crab?

23 here right now and clear as a summer night with a stiff breeze. Gett'n colder by the hour, more water busting again in the morning.

Owl

I might take you up on that boat ride but I can travel to where you are or meet you half way. By next salmon season I should have a boat of my own.

If you want to launch right thru the surf, just so happens I know a great place :rock:.

I have been thinking about a test run on the Chetco. Nice south facing bar, protected and rarely restricted also. Kind strange though, head to the whistler then turn almost 180 to the right for a north bearing. Supposed to be a killer Chinook bubble there in early summer, 35+ pounders seem common.

What kinds boat are you thinking of? I know where a good dory is for cheap and lots of history goes with it. It's the original GAR. Just right for a retired guy to tinker on.

Owl

Use sea water if you can. Not that rancid bay water junk, real ocean water. Just the right amount of salt. Looks like some good times there. Color's good, curled up tight in the boil. Hard, full crab?

What the heck is a blue crab?

23 here right now and clear as a summer night with a stiff breeze. Gett'n colder by the hour, more water busting again in the morning.

Owl
lol, blue crab is what the east coast has..........from north of here to at least new oreleans. multi billion dollar industry. its neat how y'all have simeler but different things than we do, i still wonder if the oyster is the same there.

raining again this morn........i was gonna try to work. spossed to warm up then cool again......weather rollercoaster.

From the NIFC Predictive Services division Monthly Outlook
"The latest official climate outlooks from NOAA suggest warmer-than-normal conditions are likely in
December as well as January through March over the northwest geographic area, particularly west of
the Cascades. Forecasts totals of rain and snow through March are less clear but are trending toward
less-than-normal accumulation. These outlooks are consistent with those conditions seen during
weak El Niño events as is expected during winter 2014-2015. The warmer-than-normal conditions
would suggest higher-than-normal freezing levels in higher terrain and less-than-normal snow
accumulation at lower elevations."

They had November as warmer and drier, too. Got the drier part right, but not the warmer part.

Goodly east wind event for the next couple of days. I hate the wind.

Back