Tell us about your weather

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Strange today. It was cool and pleasant, but the wind was noticeably warm. When it came in it was much warmer than the air was. No rain, even a brief appearance from that bright shinny orb thing in the sky. We all squinted and wondered what that thing was.

Owl

That's quite the grouse ladder, and a built in summer shower bath to boot. Good find. The used dog looks to be getting a bit gray in the face.

What's with the paint pattern on the trees there?

Owl

What's with the paint pattern on the trees there?
Owl

There was a timber sale--commercial thin in that spot in the 1980s. Those were wildlife trees. That unit was leave tree marked. That old "baby killer" paint lasts a long time.

Now the leave trees are almost too big to be the preferred size for the mills around here.

The Used Dog had to have help getting in the pickup after that walk. He enjoys getting out but he pays for it.

It is warm, not raining and 48 out this morning.

yup. It does look like you will get some of it. ;)
yes sir, playing catch up before it hit's. but then again, it makes work. looks like hurricane force wind with about 30' seas. at least i got some mountain to help shelter a little. i'll be shut down pretty much Wednesday might throw a saw in the truck and wander over the hill early and do some storm gawcking .

my weather thing on my cover is not rite. 60 and the wind is picking up with light showers . looks like it's going to deteriorate as the day go's by and over nite.

It is above 50 so shorts are my choice for the walk. Then I'm debating about starting up the hot tub. It makes a good source for flushing water should things go bad here.
Frasier, sounds like you will get hammered in the last storm. Take care. Are there any Weather Channel trucks around yet?:)

Almost 60 degrees here at my place. Pretty crazy, and as the rain continues the snow melt will continue and as Miss P says the F word will start happening.

Back