Tell us about your weather

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
62F here again this morning. Weird. That would be warm for 7AM even in the summer.

Had to look up that solar lamp. Neat bit of kit. Might have to get one.

Hope they got more. I bought two more for Christmas gifts. I'm now cleaning up the hot tub. Even though it had no water in it, some seeped through but it isn't as disgusting as I feared. One wooley bear and several sow bugs.

They come smashed flat in a disc. You can blow them up--there's a valve for that. But mine poofed up on it's own. They run about $14 and also have a strobe setting. I'll maybe take it backpacking, if I go again because it weighs nothing. Hmmm, what if it were filled with helium?

My barometer doesn't have many more numbers left to fall to. It is at 2829 or is it 28.29. Not much wind today and not an extraordinary rain either.

thought today was the day , was not bad till about noon . pretty good showers for about 2 hrs. guess the worst is gona hit tomorrow afternoon and evening. up to 80mph gust 40 to 50 sustained . gen's got plenty of fuel, got fire , bring it on. i think the only reason the national news is even talking about it is because central and southern cal is going to get hit.

thought today was the day , was not bad till about noon . pretty good showers for about 2 hrs. guess the worst is gona hit tomorrow afternoon and evening. up to 80mph gust 40 to 50 sustained . gen's got plenty of fuel, got fire , bring it on. i think the only reason the national news is even talking about it is because central and southern cal is going to get hit.

Yup, the Sacramento television reports would make a person think the end of the world was coming.

Yup, the Sacramento television reports would make a person think the end of the world was coming.
our local weather guys are getting all worked up, they need some excitement. the locals pretty much know the score.

our local weather guys are getting all worked up, they need some excitement. the locals pretty much know the score.

Same here. Except we don't hardly have weather guys any more. We have weather gals. I don't know if they're all really bona-fide meteorologists or not but they're sure easy on the eyes.

LOL...for the first time in years I have every flashlite in the house working and I even got a fresh tank for the Coleman lantern. Both rigs are gassed up and I tuned the portable generator today. We're stocked with groceries and firewood and stuff to read and all the saws are ready if I need them when the pine trees start falling over.
With that level of preparation the damn storm will probably go around me or fizzle out altogether. ;)

10734077_810338452345654_5053266593635889198_n.png winds.png owl and i are about half way between salem and lincoln city . both of us might get a break with our local hills to shield us some what.

Same here. Except we don't hardly have weather guys any more. We have weather gals. I don't know if they're all really bona-fide meteorologists or not but they're sure easy on the eyes.

LOL...for the first time in years I have every flashlite in the house working and I even got a fresh tank for the Coleman lantern. Both rigs are gassed up and I tuned the portable generator today. We're stocked with groceries and firewood and stuff to read and all the saws are ready if I need them when the pine trees start falling over.
With that level of preparation the damn storm will probably go around me or fizzle out altogether. ;)
ya, had that happen more than once. lol.

Latest posts

Back