Tell us about your weather

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
freezing, temp unknown, clear and calm, the snow we got has fallen from all the trees, melted just a little bit on the roads and then refroze by the time I come through... they don't really sand or plow out this way so the 5 miles from town is always interesting in the winter.

Ours are supposed to come from Hawaii next week. I went for a long walk this morning and just had a few drops hit. I wore no raingear. The wind was blowing --out of the west, then east then west like it couldn't figure out where to come from.

I should go out and do something productive...I got a flu shot, is that an excuse to be lazy?:)

Ours are supposed to come from Hawaii next week. I went for a long walk this morning and just had a few drops hit. I wore no raingear. The wind was blowing --out of the west, then east then west like it couldn't figure out where to come from.

I should go out and do something productive...I got a flu shot, is that an excuse to be lazy?:)

Sure it is. Take a sick day.
We're back in the Sierras again and we missed a helluva storm while we were gone. My neighbor emptied his rain gauge twice in one day and figures about four inches in 24 hours. That isn't much for you Warshington folk but down here it's unusual. Lake Oroville came up four feet. Maybe we can go back to full water allotment on the rice next year.
Fire season is definitely over.
Now there's about a zillion cubic yards of wet pine needles, busted pine limbs, and oak leaves to be raked and piled and hauled.

The rain is for certain back. Holy Moses is the rain back. It's a fair piece warmer though.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Owl

I've been lazy about getting a flu shot. o_O Since my spleen removal, I'm supposed to get one every year, but sometimes I roll the dice.:buttkick:

Don't worry, we're all going to die some day, lord...oops got that song going in my head now. Just after I made my appointment, I read where the flu now expected to make the rounds is not in the vaccine. They "hope" that it'll make the nasty stuff not as nasty but.. .. Oh well.

more
wxstory.php
http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/FXC/wxstory.php?wfo=eka

Went from no snow to a foot of snow this week. Nothing like the Great Lakes region, but life looks normal again for December in Alaska.

Latest posts

Back