Testing A Raisman Platt Crankshaft In An MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly like you would expect. The 660 has more torque and you can pull hard on it......but the 461 has more rpm. In this size wood the 461 is a second or so faster.....

i bet that 461 coil will change the power curve some :msp_wink:

I'll see if it will run on it...........it's gonna rain for the next three days here. I can't promise a video.

someone posted a while back 461 coil testing with a timing light ,the std coil the timing stayed the same if i remember right and the 461 changed timing through the rpms ,it may help the mid to top end some

Last edited:
I'll see if it will run on it...........it's gonna rain for the next three days here. I can't promise a video.

Come on Randy a little rain wont herts ya.:msp_smile:

What is your thoughts with the 461 coil,stock,some other coil and advance the timing ?.

Bye the way i was a little disappointed in the last two vids no shorts mate.

Last edited:
someone posted a while back 461 coil testing with a timing light ,the std coil the timing stayed the same if i remember right and the 461 changed timing through the rpms ,it may help the mid to top end some

I remember that.......but the coil used for the testing was a 1300 coil and it is different than a 460 or a 461 coil.....

Come on Randy a little rain wont herts ya.:msp_smile:

What is your thoughts with the 461 coil,stock,some other coil and advance the timing ?.

Bye the way i was a little disappointed in the last two vids no shorts mate.

The ticks are terrible here......

I've not seen much difference between the 460 and 461 coils.......but there's a big difference between the 461 coil and the 036 or 1300 type coil.

WELL, how did this turn out? Think it was a good crank? Still waiting for the cows to come in after some milling?

When it gets home iv'e got some butt cuts to mill up ,ill do my best to break something :jester:

Latest posts

Back