Testing A Raisman Platt Crankshaft In An MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It flew apart, killing a few livestock :cool2:

so what you're saying is what it cost to fix the saw, it made up in hamburger? sounds like a pretty sweet deal:jester:
mmmmmmmm gawd i'd love a big cheese burger right now.:msp_wub:

Here's a little beef trivia for you, coming from an ex-cattle farmer or rancher in North American speak.

When it's time for our old bulls to lose their heads, the beef is exported to the US and used to mix into hamburger meat to give it a deeper red colour.
Reason being all our bulls are range grazed/grass fed, your cattle is for the most part feedlot/grain and particularly corn fed and so don't have near as deep a colour. (Whilst we have big feedlots, for the most part they are only used in the final six weeks of fattening before slaughter)

Strange but true fact. :D

Just letting you know it's home Randy time to try to break it :msp_biggrin:

well now you need some big fat long logs, no pecker poles, and a proper workout.

let us know?

P.S. pine does not count

we don't have pine where i'm at ,smallest bar it will see is a 32 inch ,will mostly be cutting doug fir and cedar

How's it holding up? May need one myself, pick up a basket case with a blown rod bearing.

Out of curiosity, was this cylinder kit purchased from a sponsor? I can take the actual answer through PM if necessary. Nice milling!

I have used Raisman Platt Piston and piston & cylinder kits both bought from Unknown people In the 288 variety and have not had any issues I used both saws for 10 tanks or so ? 40:1 ish Seems to be fine. I have been wondering about this very thread for this very reason and good news, :rock:. Any idea on how much time is on the saw since rebuild, time tanks etc?

Back